House Price Crash Forum

Preston prices seem to be going up.

Anthony

All is not well in Preston for FTBs yet.

I've signed up to rightmove.co.uk email alerts asking me to alert me to new properties every 24hrs in the 60k-80k price range.

Over the last 2 weeks I've seen the number of new properties per day vary between 1-5 houses. The quality of the properties however seems to be diminishing for identical prices. At the time of signing up for the email service, I was looking at reasonably presentable terraced houses for 80k each in a reasonable part of preston. Now some of the terraces at that price look dreadful - narrower than my Vauxhall Corsa is long!!

Down at 70k we have one and two bedded flats in less desirable places like Ingol. (Ingol is strange, there are plenty of good properties there but I've always known it to be a rough place - too many council properties there as well)

That's rightmove for you (Their latest report reports a 4% rise in property last month - one of the strongest price rises in the country). However estate agents are like chalk and cheese up here. www.reedsrains.co.uk seems to have at least some semi-detached properties below 80k. www.yourmove.co.uk on the otherhand shows seemingly identical properties for at least 15k higher.

Here's one example:

http://www.reedsrains.co.uk/search_v2/Deta...0001&r=P-AAN730

http://www.yourmove.co.uk/cgi-bin/test.sh/...jinkabllNlOajka