House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Btl Market Get Surprising Boost From Government

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4619098.stm

The law could be changed to allow two prostitutes and a receptionist or maid to work together legally in brothels, the government has confirmed.
Currently only lone prostitutes can offer sex from flats
or other premises without breaking the law.

Moving prostitutes from the street to flats may enhance the value of BTLs in select areas. I am wondering if its time for NuLabour to go as it seems that the sleeze is starting to get worse.

Hmm. I remember some survey mentioned in the media a few months ago. The survey suggested more men than ever before were using prostitutes.

Btw, "living off immoral earnings", does that law still exist?

If so, is a landlord renting to prostitutes doing that?

No doubt the Labour Parties next step will be to introduce Prostitution as an NVQ exam for school leavers.

Because there will be no other jobs for them when Blair and Brown have finished.

Hmm. I remember some survey mentioned in the media a few months ago. The survey suggested more men than ever before were using prostitutes.

Btw, "living off immoral earnings", does that law still exist?

If so, is a landlord renting to prostitutes doing that?

Seems that the law is changing to allow brothels in which case the LL will not be breaking the law. This may be Gordon's way of softening the SIPPS reversal. The world's oldest profession may be the growth agent for the growing number of vacant BTLs in our cities.

"About 80,000 women in Britain work as prostitutes, and half of those are under 25, the Home Office estimates. "

If all 80k ladies worked from BTLs. . .

Edited by Realistbear

No doubt the Labour Parties next step will be to introduce Prostitution as an NVQ exam for school leavers.

Because there will be no other jobs for them when Blair and Brown have finished.

I guess we are all state owned prostitutes; as we are all regularly f**ked by the government. The only difference being we have to pay for the privilege... :angry:

I guess we are all state owned prostitutes; as we are all regularly f**ked by the government. The only difference being we have to pay for the privilege... :angry:

Ha ha ha ha ha !!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Best laugh in ages!

Seems that the law is changing to allow brothels in which case the LL will not be breaking the law. This may be Gordon's way of softening the SIPPS reversal. The world's oldest profession may be the growth agent for the growing number of vacant BTLs in our cities.

"About 80,000 women in Britain work as prostitutes, and half of those are under 25, the Home Office estimates. "

If all 80k ladies worked from BTLs. . .

That'll go down a storm in the "luxury" shoeboxes when the OOs find the "professional" ladies working next door.

It won't do much for the values either.

So, if this took off, falls in flat values because who would dare buy in a block if at any time your new neighbours could be prostitutes.

Perhaps the Planners would get involved, calling it business use and limiting where the brothels could be.

As usual, more questions than answers.

That'll go down a storm in the "luxury" shoeboxes when the OOs find the "professional" ladies working next door.

It won't do much for the values either.

So, if this took off, falls in flat values because who would dare buy in a block if at any time your new neighbours could be prostitutes.

My thoughts exactly, but where the hell are the punters going to park?

Edited by OnlyMe

Just a further thought. A legal, perhaps licensed via planning, prostitution industry would be more visible and therefore it would be more easy to ensure tax liabilities were not evaded.

GB is always looking for more.

Might go down well with the rest, "Look at least we're now getting more tax from it".

It will also assist many students from poor families currently working on the streets to pay new labours tuition fees to get by with less danger than they experience today.

Maybe this is what is meant by the labour party of having a policy of "Getting Women Back to Work" The Communists did it in China and Tony is an admirer of the Chinese Regime as we all know.

I always thought our Victorian laws on prostitution as i understand them to work quite well..........Soliciting and brothels are illegal so that people can get it stopped through police intervention when it's on their doorstep.........but prostitution per se has never been illegal as in most cases you can't prove it ....eg if a man or even man after man visit a woman's house or buys her gifts how can we know for sure this is prostitution.???????????/

brown will apply a S.E.T.

sex enjoyment tax :P

I wonder if the ladies will charge VAT? Presumably they will as their services will not be off-premises take-aways. Or would the services be classified as "medical" in that they are stress relief treatments?

Guest Bart of Darkness

The written paper should be OK but I can see some people having trouble getting to grips with the oral!

Or would the services be classified as "medical" in that they are stress relief treatments?

Will 'treatment' be available on the NHS?

When a woman (or man?) is unemployed then prostition will be a viable job, i think they had/have this in germany. If the job centre gives you prositution as a job then you've got to take it otherwise you cannot claim benifits.

I assume i dont have allt eh facts right so please correct me, its a vague memory i have of it and i could be mistaken.

When a woman (or man?) is unemployed then prostition will be a viable job, i think they had/have this in germany. If the job centre gives you prositution as a job then you've got to take it otherwise you cannot claim benifits.

I assume i dont have allt eh facts right so please correct me, its a vague memory i have of it and i could be mistaken.

I can remember a news story about 2 or so years ago wherein a German woman was expected to become a worker in a massage parlour I think, even though she was a graduate.

She, understandably, was aghast at this.

Never mind tourism here perhaps it'll be sex tourism next.

TB and GB don't mind nowt if it'll turn a dollar or yen or whatever.

I can see all these MPs that bought into the BTL market converting theirs to 'massage parlours'.

Am I the only one that thinks this law is draconian? The main problem of prostitution is from drugs - target the dealers, the pimps and watch the problem diminish. No wait, that'll be too easy. What we need to do is label everyone a criminal and drive the industry underground.

I wonder if the ladies will charge VAT? Presumably they will as their services will not be off-premises take-aways. Or would the services be classified as "medical" in that they are stress relief treatments?

there are some tax cases about this

one that springs to mind is the inland revenue v aken

she (aken AKA miss whiplash) claimed that the revenue were living off immoral earnings! she also is famous for buying the lady of the manorship in laxton, northamptonshire; the local rag loved it!

blow me (as it were) :P - i've found a link!

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/BIM65001.htm

so i guess you are right - if the prozzy's turnover is over the VAT threshold (£60K or so), then (s)he would have to charge VAT. :D