House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FreeFall

Grauniad: Bank Changes May Bring Interest Rate Cut Closer

Sir Andrew has consistently wanted a tougher stance than the average member - nine times either calling for rates to be raised when the committee wanted them to be left on hold or voting for no change when the majority voted for cheaper money.

NEWSFLASH: MPC member who has been consistently outvoted & ineffectual at changing IR's on his own has left the MPC - rates now guaranteed to fall.

ANALYSIS: Straws, at, clutching

If Sir John falls into line with the average Bank insider, who tends to take a tougher stance than the four outside experts appointed by Gordon Brown, the difference may be modest.

AHEM!!......

...Need we say more?

Edited by FedupTeddiBear

Whatever they do.. whichever way they turn..

It's all going to hell in a handbasket..

Hell I would resign.. and whistle as I slid away.. Stage Left..

wasn't me guv....

;)

He is being replaced with one of Gordon's cronies, so no doubt he will be voting with eth treasury staff. That gives them a 6-3 majority, making the BofE members pointless.

The BofE may as well just give the rate decision back to the government, that is what it is now in all but name.

NEWSFLASH: MPC member who has been consistently outvoted & ineffectual at changing IR's on his own has left the MPC - rates now guaranteed to fall.

ANALYSIS: Straws, at, clutching

News flash :blink: ... it was reported in October last year that he was leaving.

By the way, you can read Sir Andrew's letter to Gordon Brown B)

Whose he being replaced by? Names please!

Posted too soon, it is

Sir John Gieve

--

Letter link corrected

Edited by beerhunter

News flash :blink: ... it was reported in October last year that he was leaving.

By the way, you can read Sir Andrew’s letter to Gordon Brown B)

Which results in an ominious Page Cannot Be Found, he has been banished.

Sir Andrew... who? I think you're mistaken my good man, your poor fool, there has never been any such person working at this esteemed bank, you seem rather confused dear boy!

His replacement is Sir John Gieve former permanent secretary at the Home Office, was rather forgetful of events when Blunkett was fast tracking a visa for a certain nanny. Very much an insider and not of the City.

Large made an interesting speech recently.

Edited by BuyingBear

By the way, you can read Sir Andrew's letter to Gordon Brown B)

Posted too soon, it is

Sir John Gieve

--

Letter link corrected

I was wondering how John Gieve became Sir John Gieve...

Visa row mandarin made Sir John

The top civil servant at the centre of the David Blunkett visa affair has been knighted in the New Year Honours. Sir John Gieve was Home Office permanent secretary during the saga which ended with Mr Blunkett quitting.

He and other civil servants were criticised for failing to recall how the visa for Mr Blunkett's ex-lover's nanny came to be fast-tracked.

The knighting of Sir John, 54, will be received with astonishment by opposition politicians.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Which results in an ominious Page Cannot Be Found, he has been banished.

Sorry my mistake, it's been corrected in the orgnial post... and here it is in full

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publication...ndrew051017.pdf

Sir Andrew... who? I think you're mistaken my good man, your poor fool, there has never been any such person working at this esteemed bank, you seem rather confused dear boy!

:lol:

He's a hawk... hence being first name terms... if it was a dove it would of been Sir #£&£^$"* ;)