House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAL BEAR

Radio 2 5pm, Dopey Sagitarius Woman Asking

You couldn't make it up !!!

Just now a dopey woman rang up the 'Horoscope' expert on Radio 2 (Steve Wright show) to ask why she had not sold her house on over 12 months ?

The 'Horoscope' woman said (would you believe?)

"Perhaps you don't really want to sell your house because you feel you are not ready to move on"!!!!!!!

What !! She can't sell it COS ITS' OVERPRICED probably.

Two questions immediately popped in in to my mind...........................

If you could not sell your house after 12 months would you honestly humilate yourself by going on

National radio and bearing your soul to all your friends and relatives!!!??

Would you honestly trust some stupid horoscope woman to give you any kind of sensible advice!!??

Well it made me laugh !!! :lol::lol:

You couldn't make it up !!!

Just now a dopey woman rang up the 'Horoscope' expert on Radio 2 (Steve Wright show) to ask why she had not sold her house on over 12 months ?

The 'Horoscope' woman said (would you believe?)

"Perhaps you don't really want to sell your house because you feel you are not ready to move on"!!!!!!!

What !! She can't sell it COS ITS' OVERPRICED probably.

Two questions immediately popped in in to my mind...........................

If you could not sell your house after 12 months would you honestly humilate yourself by going on

National radio and bearing your soul to all your friends and relatives!!!??

Would you honestly trust some stupid horoscope woman to give you any kind of sensible advice!!??

Well it made me laugh !!! :lol::lol:

Idiots, shouldn't even be allowed cats.

Turning to horoscopes in times of trouble is often a sign of desperation - that about sums up the UK housing market for you.... :lol:

You are obviously a man who has yet to experience the joy of your other half wanting you to do an astrological compatiability quiz together - mine did and I was never sure whether she was happy or disppointed to learn that we apparently were a match made in Heaven.

Being naive about the ways of women at that point in my life I did not realise this is something that women do once they have begun discussing with their girlie friends whether you are really the right man for her or not. By the time you get to the quiz stage most women already have the man mentally halfway out of the front door.

Talk to any divorced man and he will tell you stories of how astrology compatiability quizs suddenly surfaced in his relationship. I therefore do not think that many men will be surprised to learn that women are now ringing up astrologers on national radio and asking such a silly house question. In fact, tonight and tomorrow, there will no doubt be many men relating their own girlie astrology story to others and laughing themselves silly at how their former girlfriends, partners or wives often trusted life important decisions down to some stranger with a spotted handkerchief on their head, a glass ball and a mysterious rare skill to read the future from the planets.

Btw, I am an Aquarian ;)

In fact come to think of it it everytime I listen to this 'slot' on the Steve Wright show, someone rings up moaning cos they can't sell their house!!!! And I usually hear it about twice a week!

:lol::lol:

I believe Steve Wright actually rents and has done for years and asked once (to a property expert on his show) "Give me one good reason for buying a property?".

Not sure if he still rents but I was quite shocked when he said it. :o

You don't expect people like him to prefer renting.

In fact come to think of it it everytime I listen to this 'slot' on the Steve Wright show, someone rings up moaning cos they can't sell their house!!!! And I usually hear it about twice a week!

:lol::lol:

I believe Steve Wright actually rents and has done for years and asked once (to a property expert on his show) "Give me one good reason for buying a property?".

Not sure if he still rents but I was quite shocked when he said it. :o

You don't expect people like him to prefer renting.

The last twice I've heard this it was featuring people trying to sell up to emigrate and failing........

Maybe got got burnt in the last big crash (what I like to call the good old days).

Or he's getting fleeced by his ex-wife for alimony so lives in a bedsit?????

You are obviously a man who has yet to experience the joy of your other half wanting you to do an astrological compatiability quiz together - mine did and I was never sure whether she was happy or disppointed to learn that we apparently were a match made in Heaven.

Being naive about the ways of women at that point in my life I did not realise this is something that women do once they have begun discussing with their girlie friends whether you are really the right man for her or not. By the time you get to the quiz stage most women already have the man mentally halfway out of the front door.

Talk to any divorced man and he will tell you stories of how astrology compatiability quizs suddenly surfaced in his relationship. I therefore do not think that many men will be surprised to learn that women are now ringing up astrologers on national radio and asking such a silly house question. In fact, tonight and tomorrow, there will no doubt be many men relating their own girlie astrology story to others and laughing themselves silly at how their former girlfriends, partners or wives often trusted life important decisions down to some stranger with a spotted handkerchief on their head, a glass ball and a mysterious rare skill to read the future from the planets.

Btw, I am an Aquarian ;)

Well I am female (hence GAL BEAR) and I cannot believe women can make themselves look so stupid by doing this - I despair at the female race sometimes. !!!

yes! I heard this too. All to do with lots of house selling opportunities arising this year for Saggitarians since Jupiter is busy doing something.

Perhaps the house price forecasters should all be revising their estimates upwards to account for this fortunate 1/12th of the popn ... :blink:

Well I am female (hence GAL BEAR) and I cannot believe women can make themselves look so stupid by doing this - I despair at the female race sometimes. !!!

Aww, come on....if there weren't an element of stupidity within the female of the species there'd be a heck of a lot of single men around...! ;)

yes! I heard this too. All to do with lots of house selling opportunities arising this year for Saggitarians since Jupiter is busy doing something.

Sounds quite reasonable compared to the methodology behind Rightmove's figures.

Sorry Gal, my mistake but, come on, you must know many women who do the most stupid, silliest things in their lives, especially regarding relationships?

Btw, I am an Aquarian ;)

Incredibly correct and the sort of observation I would expect from an Aquarian. I was married to an Aquarian who was also something of a hand reader. As I recall also very accurate and insightful... until we got together... then he wouldn't read my hand. Wonder why <_< Cancers and Aquarians don't mix. Its the worst romantic combination of the entire 144 possibilities. B)

Turning to horoscopes in times of trouble is often a sign of desperation - that about sums up the UK housing market for you.... :lol:

if you are referring to the cosmic babble that septic peg and co spout out I'd agree,but proper "hardcore" astrology is a different animal altogether.

Incredibly correct and the sort of observation I would expect from an Aquarian. I was married to an Aquarian who was also something of a hand reader. As I recall also very accurate and insightful... until we got together... then he wouldn't read my hand. Wonder why <_< Cancers and Aquarians don't mix. Its the worst romantic combination of the entire 144 possibilities. B)

Damn... I've just checked up on some dates and that's true, maybe there is something in this mumbo jumbo.

:(

Btw, I am an Aquarian ;)

I can categorically state that I have never done a horoscope compatibility test for my OH. Or any other type of relationship quiz for that matter and we've been married for years. All complete bolleaux!

BTW he's an Aquarian too. ;)

Weren't big decisions made on the strength of Astrology during the Vietnam war? If I remember rightly the Astrologer giving this advice was Viet Cong?

Maybe the Astrologer is really a RE agent :ph34r:

I can categorically state that I have never done a horoscope compatibility test for my OH. Or any other type of relationship quiz for that matter and we've been married for years. All complete bolleaux!

BTW he's an Aquarian too. ;)

Yeah, but I bet your not a Cancer :P

Guest Bart of Darkness

I tend to agree with Patrick Moore on astrology.

He said that the only thing that it proved was that "there's one born every minute".

Stars are NOT where they say they are because not only does the earth undergo daily and yearly cycles, but it also undergoes a circular cycle which takes 28, 800 years to complete.

This is called precession of the equinoxes. This means if you were born on September 1st you would expect to be a Virgo, but in fact you should be a Leo.(Eastern astrologers have compensated for this extra rotation of the earth, but not in western astrology which is seen in Europe).

Why is it that horoscopes only affect you from birth and not conception? How can a womb prevent the stars exerting their influence over your life?

Astrology is based on the wrong belief that the earth is the centre of the universe.

Recent planets have been discovered(Uranus, Pluto, Neptune) which were never known of by earlier astrologers, yet they too must affect us if astrology is true.

Really guys, what century are we living in?

Aww, come on....if there weren't an element of stupidity within the female of the species there'd be a heck of a lot of single men around...! ;)

GOOD POINT ! :lol::lol:

I tend to agree with Patrick Moore on astrology.

He said that the only thing that it proved was that "there's one born every minute".

Stars are NOT where they say they are because not only does the earth undergo daily and yearly cycles, but it also undergoes a circular cycle which takes 28, 800 years to complete.

This is called precession of the equinoxes. This means if you were born on September 1st you would expect to be a Virgo, but in fact you should be a Leo.(Eastern astrologers have compensated for this extra rotation of the earth, but not in western astrology which is seen in Europe).

Why is it that horoscopes only affect you from birth and not conception? How can a womb prevent the stars exerting their influence over your life?

Astrology is based on the wrong belief that the earth is the centre of the universe.

Recent planets have been discovered(Uranus, Pluto, Neptune) which were never known of by earlier astrologers, yet they too must affect us if astrology is true.

Really guys, what century are we living in?

Well Bart. Would you correct a person for praying to Jesus? Muhammed? Doing a whirligig or a buddist matra? Would you deride me or an admission that I do believe in a greater force than the human computer? Rastafaria, helie selassie etc.? What makes astology and belief in the gods of the heavens any more or less credible than these sacred cows? (oh I forgot the Hindu gods!) As far as I can tell from observation it works (Barnum effect or not). Scorpios ARE sexy. Have you ever met a meek Taurean? Leos ARE often like cats, and prowl and preen and vain to boot. You don't even have to know to guess. Pluto, Uranus etc have been taken into account. It works for me therefore it works! Welcome to the Age of Aquarius ;)

BTW I believe the year is 2006 but I just have to check the book :P

Well Bart. Would you correct a person for praying to Jesus? Muhammed? Doing a whirligig or a buddist matra? Would you deride me or an admission that I do believe in a greater force than the human computer? Rastafaria, helie selassie etc.? What makes astology and belief in the gods of the heavens any more or less credible than these sacred cows? (oh I forgot the Hindu gods!) As far as I can tell from observation it works (Barnum effect or not). Scorpios ARE sexy. Have you ever met a meek Taurean? Leos ARE often like cats, and prowl and preen and vain to boot. You don't even have to know to guess. Pluto, Uranus etc have been taken into account. It works for me therefore it works! Welcome to the Age of Aquarius ;)

BTW I believe the year is 2006 but I just have to check the book :P

I don't think Jesus or Muhammed, or Buddist Monks charge £1.50 a min to tell you your future in the back pages of "take a Break". Apparently as a Capricorn i discovered today - according to Mystic Meg "Venus conspires with Mercury to bring new and intriguing people into your world. This will give your working life the shake-up you want. In romance, only go out tonight if you want to risk falling hopelessly in love. You rediscover an old friend in a coffee shop."

Is that all Capricorns? Or just me she's refering to? Any capricorns on here meet any old friends in a coffee shop today? Any Capricorns found romance tonight? (if you have i expect you'll be to busy to answer that one - nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!)

Anyway if you're on the edge of your seat and you want to know more - she charges 75p per min for your weekly stars.