House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crash 2005

East Anglia In Crash Mode (£6500 Drop In One Month)

Unbelievable!!

The average house price in East anglia has dropped by a massive £6500 in one month!!!

lets look at the figures for the last three months

Nov 2005, +3.0% mom = £189299 which = 3.0% annual increase

Dec 2005, +2.1% mom = £193246 which = 4.8% annual increase

Jan 2006, -3.4% mom = £186721 which = 0.5% annual increase

keep this up and it will be well and trully negative next month.

Happy new year, i'd say!!

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I remember there was a mini boom in East Anglia from 1998. Prices it was stated were increasing 13% annually. Add on the boom from 2002-2004 then I would think there would be bigger corrections.

A cottage for sale at 67k in 2002 came back on the market 2005 at 177k.

Doesn't scare me :)

It would if you hadn't found HPC and gone ahead and bought last year with an variable rate interest only 125% LTV at 10x your annual salary :(

I remember there was a mini boom in East Anglia from 1998. Prices it was stated were increasing 13% annually. Add on the boom from 2002-2004 then I would think there would be bigger corrections.

A cottage for sale at 67k in 2002 came back on the market 2005 at 177k.

I remember it being quoted in some sunday paper property mag a few years ago as being 'discovered' by london-types looking for a week-end retreat. grrrr

I remember it being quoted in some sunday paper property mag a few years ago as being 'discovered' by london-types looking for a week-end retreat. grrrr

Hey! I'm a London type looking for a weekender. I'd never thought of East Anglia, but thanks for the tip.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Many were retired people from the South East who sold at a good profit and got more house for less money.

At one time between 1998 and 2000 the number of my ex customers who moved there was astonishing.

Properties were being snatched up and the locals could not believe the prices they were getting. Even some derelict properties were sold quickly and refurbished. I thought the market then had gone crazy.

Hey! I'm a London type looking for a weekender. I'd never thought of East Anglia, but thanks for the tip.

Beware it`s very cold and dark in the winter. Something to do with being closer to the Artic Circle than London. :)

Unbelievable!!

The average house price in East anglia has dropped by a massive £6500 in one month!!!

lets look at the figures for the last three months

Nov 2005, +3.0% mom = £189299 which = 3.0% annual increase

Dec 2005, +2.1% mom = £193246 which = 4.8% annual increase

Jan 2006, -3.4% mom = £186721 which = 0.5% annual increase

keep this up and it will be well and trully negative next month.

Happy new year, i'd say!!

Big deal, up 3% up 2% back down 3.4%, hardly a huge fall. If you had six months of consistent falls then you might just have a point.

Personally I didn't realise East Anglia was so cheap.

yeah, go for it. prices dropping like flies - you could pick up 2 for 1 soon.

Big deal, up 3% up 2% back down 3.4%, hardly a huge fall. If you had six months of consistent falls then you might just have a point.

Personally I didn't realise East Anglia was so cheap.

Precisely - and we're only 16 days into January, two of which were public holidays. The volume in the remaining nine working days can hardly have been sufficient to draw any sensible conclusion at all.

Big deal, up 3% up 2% back down 3.4%, hardly a huge fall.

Interesting that a fall of 3.4% has more than cancelled out both the +3% and +2% combined. That's maths for you though, innit.

edit: ok, it hasn't cancelled out both the increases completely. The effect of the 3 months combined is about +1.5%.

Edited by spleeper

<snip>. Something to do with being closer to the Artic Circle than London. :)

No problem: I'm from the North East originally. Now I just need to find some reasonably priced properties in benjamin's village, preferably those best suited for newly married couples.