House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Brown Backed Over 'britishness Day'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...70&in_a_source=

Mr Brown floated the idea of a 'Britain Day' as part of a speech in London to the left-of-centre Fabian Society in which he called for "a modern view of Britishness founded on responsibility, high house prices, liberty and fairness".
He urged businesses to back a £100 million community service scheme designed to encourage
young people to do voluntary work
- and floated a new proposal to fund their university tuition fees as a reward for volunteering.

The "economic miracle" is crumbling in the wake of crippling debt, widening deficit, shrinking GDP and the looming threat of a HPC. Is "Britain Day" a cover up and Gordon's way of drumming up support for his triumphant premiership? Is he asking young people to do vuluntary work because working for a wage won't help them get on the property ladder anyway?

Edited by Realistbear

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...70&in_a_source=

Mr Brown floated the idea of a 'Britain Day' as part of a speech in London to the left-of-centre Fabian Society in which he called for "a modern view of Britishness founded on responsibility, high house prices, liberty and fairness".
He urged businesses to back a £100 million community service scheme designed to encourage
young people to do voluntary work
- and floated a new proposal to fund their university tuition fees as a reward for volunteering.

The "economic miracle" is crumbling in the wake of crippling debt, widening deficit, shrinking GDP and the looming threat of a HPC. Is "Britain Day" a cover up and Gordon's way of drumming up support for his triumphant premiership? Is he asking young people to do vuluntary work because working for a wage won't help them get on the property ladder anyway?

The extreme right wing violent scumbag fruit loops ( we know who im on about) will have a field day with that.

I take no pride in being british, i had no choice, i was just born british.

The extreme right wing violent scumbag fruit loops ( we know who im on about) will have a field day with that.

I take no pride in being british, i had no choice, i was just born british.

Thinking about it, the volunteer scheme for national pride does sound a bit Hitler-youthish doesn't it?

Does Gobshite Brown not realise we already have three(four if you include st.paddy's day)

...but of course we aren't allowed to fly the flag of st.george,it might upset someone,somewhere.

Thinking about it, the volunteer scheme for national pride does sound a bit Hitler-youthish doesn't it?

Its all just icky, in browns little protected world im sure everything is rosey and the idea behind it is sound, in the real world it will be transfromed into 'beat an asian' day, 'brick a black guy' day under the name of patriotism.

Of course thats not the intention and 99.9% of the people wont see it that way but all some need is an excuse. The celebrations will be broadcast on TV with everyone smiling, they will get token british ethnic minorities to stand there and say how great it all is.

In reality people will be getting the sh*t kicked out of them because of british pride.

Celebrate being british, no thanks, go back to your world brown and stop f*cking about with mine to earn yourself some brownie points.

Or maybe im just to cynical.

I found this whole concept peculiar and a little sinister.

He seems to suggest we should be more like the Americans with their thanksgiving day and 4th of July etc.

I can see the need for such celebrations in the US. But why do we need to emulate them in this?

Far better in my opinion to grant each country in the UK a national holiday on their Patron Saint day. If people don't feel British, you can't make them.

NDL

I Love the way he presented his Speech, With a Dirty Smug Smirk on his face, a Madman giving the masses a red herring to deviate the News Away from his mismanagement of the Economy :lol::lol: You can almost hear the desperation in his voice (Please!, no more bad economic news, please, i have to make it ti No 10)

Quite right!...............this con merchant is trying to divert attention away from the impending economic debacle.........................

Massive rises in taxes and an economy only just coming out of a borrowing-induced boom ....yet the public finances are in a right state.........If the deficit is over 3% of GDP now ,what will it be when we go into recesssion??????

Isnt it the sort of thing they used to do in ancient rome when the ceaser wanted to win popularity he would have a celebration day , full of merryment and game, with the odd gladitorial battle where the slaves got hacked to pieces.

Oh how we have progressed.

Isnt it the sort of thing they used to do in ancient rome when the ceaser wanted to win popularity he would have a celebration day , full of merryment and game, with the odd gladitorial battle where the slaves got hacked to pieces.

Oh how we have progressed.

panem et circenses

or, these days,

Ready meals and Big Brother

Quite right!...............this con merchant is trying to divert attention away from the impending economic debacle.........................

Massive rises in taxes and an economy only just coming out of a borrowing-induced boom ....yet the public finances are in a right state.........If the deficit is over 3% of GDP now ,what will it be when we go into recesssion??????

absolutely spot on

we had a record trade deficit of £9bn last month.

when did you last hear crash gordon set out any polices to improve our export performance?

fidldling while rome burns

Wouldn't it first be better to create an economy and country truly worth celebrating? Instead of just spiking the punch bowl with cheap booze and easy money that will leave an almighty hang over. I certainly not going to don a pair of jack boots and march around with a union jack at the behest of Gordon Brown just to make him feel good, hail the great leader.

Our country has been chopped about a bit under Labour, especially when everybody knows that if Brown becomes PM and introduces major legislation on things like schools, hospitals, transport etc, it wont actually apply to his own constituency! Look at tuition fees, he backed that policy yet he doesn't have to take any stick for it back home because it doesn't affect his voters thanks to devolution, a very odd state of affairs. [Whether he likes it or not the Britain he is talking about doesn't remain anymore, little beyond a set of small contiguous statelets doing their own thing with England in the middle dragging its bulky debt behind it.]

Anyway, he's just laying down the leadership gauntlet and putting Cameron on notice, with Charlie K out the way it's 2 out of 3. Lots of nice references to Orwell and liberty in there.

He needs to shift himself next door pretty quickly if he doesn't want the housing market to blow up in his face, certainly before the end of 2007 when the bullets will start flying.

Edited by BuyingBear

Wouldn't it first be better to create an economy and country truly worth celebrating? Instead of just spiking the punch bowl with cheap booze and easy money that will leave an almighty hang over. I certainly not going to don a pair of jack boots and march around with a union jack at the behest of Gordon Brown just to make him feel good, hail the great leader.

Our country has been chopped about a bit under Labour, especially when everybody knows that if Brown becomes PM and introduces major legislation on things like schools, hospitals, transport etc, it wont actually apply to this own constituency! Look at tuition fees, he backed that policy yet he doesn't have to take any stick for it back home because it doesn't affect his voters thanks to devolution, a very odd state of affairs.

Anyway, he's just laying down the leadership gauntlet and putting Cameron on notice, with Charlie K out the way it's 2 out of 3. Lots of nice references to Orwell and liberty in there.

He needs to shift himself next door pretty quickly if he doesn't want the housing market to blow up in his face, certainly before the end of 2007 when the bullets will start flying.

I am inclined to agree with your final paragraph. We will probably have to waint until late 2007 to see some significant drops in overall house prices. 2006 will continue the trend begun in 2005 with an overall flat market in healthy areas and some stiff regional drops where unemployment begins to be a problem.

Our country has been chopped about a bit under Labour, especially when everybody knows that if Brown becomes PM and introduces major legislation on things like schools, hospitals, transport etc, it wont actually apply to his own constituency! Look at tuition fees, he backed that policy yet he doesn't have to take any stick for it back home because it doesn't affect his voters thanks to devolution, a very odd state of affairs. [Whether he likes it or not the Britain he is talking about doesn't remain anymore, little beyond a set of small contiguous statelets doing their own thing with England in the middle dragging its bulky debt behind it.]

Talking about in yer face -

How about "Angel of the North" - from mythology - it is there to greet Gog/ Magog - giants 'expected' to come from lands of the North! "Till on Judgement Day they wake at last"

'Pyramid' centre (in Salford I think)

Huge Pagan 'Bull' Statues placed in 'Eden project garden' and within the old "stone circle" of Birmingham Bull Ring.

London's huge "giants chair"

What else is being quietly introduced at HUGE taxpayer expense in towns and cities around the country!

They are all strategically placed in modern places of gathering/worship(sic) ie shopping Malls!

Talking about in yer face -

How about "Angel of the North" - from mythology - it is there to greet Gog/ Magog - giants 'expected' to come from lands of the North! "Till on Judgement Day they wake at last"

'Pyramid' centre (in Salford I think)

Huge Pagan 'Bull' Statues placed in 'Eden project garden' and within the old "stone circle" of Birmingham Bull Ring.

London's huge "giants chair"

What else is being quietly introduced at HUGE taxpayer expense in towns and cities around the country!

They are all strategically placed in modern places of gathering/worship(sic) ie shopping Malls!

A £23m giant arc over the M6 in the Midlands so you know where you are ?!?

000B2DC2-CAB9-133B-B5890C01AC1BF814.jpg

Mind you, it could prove quite useful, they could hang a giant NCP sign in the middle of it.

A £23m giant arc over the M6 in the Midlands so you know where you are ?!?

000B2DC2-CAB9-133B-B5890C01AC1BF814.jpg

Mind you, it could prove quite useful, they could hang a giant NCP sign in the middle of it.

So true!! :lol::lol:

Since 1997 when he became chancellor or since 1992 when he became shadow chancellor has Gordon Brown ever said anything like this before? Is it just the result of a sudden and spontaneous feeling of British patriotism?

On Monday the leader of the BNP goes on trial, which is definitely just random coincidence.

I read about this in the Guardian Blog - maybe others can provide better info.

LandMark East - The "Bridge of Reeds", Gateway to the East a reed sculpture (a triangular reed symbolizes Ancient Lower Egypt - Masons again!) spanning the A14 providing a link to Wicken Fen Nature Reserve.

gateway.jpg

The bridge will act as both a 'physical' and 'metaphorical' gateway (Gateway to the East - Devil worshippers pray to the East) to social, cultural and environmental opportunities. Reeds are symbolic of the region from the Norfolk Broads to the Essex estuaries to the Fens and the bridge will ultimately provide access to 6,000 hectares of green space. It also connects a bi-section (by the A14) known locally as Devil's Dyke!

Regarding the M6 statue ring, think in terms of Alpha & Omega (bible stuff - Alpha Omega expresses "God's Eternity" and is an act of defiance - just like upturned crucifix! )

The recognisable 'Omega part' will be 'hidden' underground - just as Angel of the North has a secret 'hidden' from view, underground!

post-1240-1137343923.jpg

Edited by erranta

Gordon Brown is using this nonsense of Britishness as an opprtunistic way of telling the great British public, Look I care, I'm proud to be British. It's pure spin and bull. The man has ruined our economy. Remember this when he assumes the mantle of PM.

Apart from that his head is too big for his neck, and his dress sense is crap.

Oh yes, one last thing. If he is so patriotic why does he dilberately snub the Mansion House in their annual dinner by dressing as a tramp? Remember that raving loony professor Michael Foot, aka Labour leader at Whitehall on Remembrance Sunday wearing a donkey jacket? Plus ca change!

Here's the deal: if you accept me as PM, I'll give you a day off work.

Smacks of desperation to me.

call it two and I'll think about it :)

He urged businesses to back a £100 million community service scheme designed to encourage young people to do voluntary work - and floated a new proposal to fund their university tuition fees as a reward for volunteering.

But I already do voluntary work for about 3 days a week as it take time much time just to pay all that income tax, Vat, Duty and the like so he can run his left-wing politically correct policies. :angry:

IMO this is just another example of them loosing touch - there are more important issues in peoples everyday lives than this outdated morality

What confimed this opinion was the last fuel crisis - the country grinding to a halt and nothing was been done...

Edited by dnd