House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CrashIsUnderWay

Fab Article In The Business Press

the UK tax grab is now above Germany's for "the first time in a Generation", and likely to rise further.

Plus, £1 in £6 taken is tax is "wasted" by Whitehall - they have proof, allegedly.

Ah, Gordon. You pigshitthick skirt wearing lardarsed haggismuncher...

All together now the Nulabor anthem is:-

"The Only Way Is DOWN, Baby..."

the UK tax grab is now above Germany's for "the first time in a Generation", and likely to rise further.

Plus, £1 in £6 taken is tax is "wasted" by Whitehall - they have proof, allegedly.

Ah, Gordon. You pigshitthick skirt wearing lardarsed haggismuncher...

All together now the Nulabor anthem is:-

"The Only Way Is DOWN, Baby..."

That's told him CIUW, you ignorant, no national dress, no national dish muncher.

All together now, little Englander anthem:

"The only was is parochial, baby..."

NDL

Guest muttley

That's told him CIUW, you ignorant, no national dress, no national dish muncher.

NDL

This National British Day isn't going to work,is it? :(

Add to that that Germans build roads, you can see a doctor that has not been imported and a local dentist without waiting months in a queue. Education is better and more people feel they have a say in what goes on.

Germany has enough confidence about itself that it does not need to doctor the employment figures.

Lets be honest it does not take much to beat britain whilst we have a bunch of corrupt MP’s running every aspect of our lives.

let's get this straight the comparison with Germany is bogus, the former GDR has been saddled with coaxing East Germany into the modern democratic age. Their high govenrnment spending is the result of realising the post WWII dream of unification. Contast that with the UK, our government are saddled with the notion that a bloated public sector will share wealth and reduce poverty. The reality is very different to the European Dream. This is not the fault of the EU constitution, nowhere does it say that you should expand public spending and grant pensions, work practices and salaries that are more favourable than those who create the wealth that pays taxes. Those are statements on the average, and I accept there are people in the public sector who do add value. Many however are in parasitic roles with dubious value. Of course this is good business for Labor who create a dependent population who can't vote any way other than labor.

Edited by bpw

NDL

sorry old chap, but I've got to pull you up on that one.

I'm having a perfectly splendid time here eating my fish supper while doing a spot of morris dancing in traditional costume. Later, tiffin, possibly followed by some warm beer and gin. And then I might throw some street furniture at some foreigners while chanting about WW2.

God Save the Queen. :P

Guest muttley

sorry old chap, but I've got to pull you up on that one.

I'm having a perfectly splendid time here eating my fish supper while doing a spot of morris dancing in traditional costume. Later, tiffin, possibly followed by some warm beer and gin. And then I might throw some street furniture at some foreigners while chanting about WW2.

God Save the Queen. :P

Vive les rostbifs!

Not while there's c*n*s with no sense of humor like New Darker Law (or should that be 'New Era Labor')

Come come CIUW, all I did was paraphrase you.

If yours was humourous why can't mine be? ;)

NDL

PS. You're way out with my politics :lol:

let's get this straight the comparison with Germany is bogus, the former GDR has been saddled with coaxing East Germany into the modern democratic age. [bpw]

The chart in the article clearly shows that UK 'Government Revenues As Share Of GDP' has risen to a level above that of Germany's which has fallen a little in recent years.

The reality is very different to the European Dream. [bpw]

Indeed it is.

This is not the fault of the EU constitution,... [bpw]

The EU doesn't have a constitution. The Dutch and French people rejected it (saved us the cost of holding a referendum to do the job).

Around 60-70% of UK leglislation is now dictated to us from the EU. This adds substantially to our burden of public spending and bureaucracy...

'EU red tape has cost UK firms 30 billion pounds':

http://www.openeurope.org.uk/media-centre/...x?bulletinid=26

A new study released this week by Open Europe finds that EU legislation has been responsible for 77 percent of the cost of regulation on businesses since 1998. The study calculates that EU-derived

legislation has cost the UK economy 30 billion pounds since 1998 alone.

Based on previous research by the British Chambers of Commerce, Gordon Brown has argued that "around half" of the cost of regulation on business is caused by EU legislation. But the new analysis -- based on the Government's answers to an extensive programme of Parliamentary questions -- suggests that even this is an underestimate, because many pieces of supposedly domestic legislation are in fact implementing EU legislation.

The report also finds that despite repeated promises by the European Commission that it will reduce red tape, the burden of EU regulation on the economy is still rising sharply.