House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Letting Agents Signs Still Up

I once rented through an agency that kept their sign in the front garden for ages. I wrote a letter about it and said that I'd destroy it if it wasn't removed promptly. They wrote back telling me I would be charged for damaging their property, but needless to say it was gone the next day.

Don't know the answer to your question though, although I'm curious.

Edited by Timster

To be honest, I would think it is as long as they want. They have no obligation to take it down. You can of course request it, but I can't think of what basis you could use to justify demanding it removed.

To be honest, I would think it is as long as they want. They have no obligation to take it down. You can of course request it, but I can't think of what basis you could use to justify demanding it removed.

Why would you like a dirty great sign in your garden advertising to the world you are renting a property? Can i come along and put some advertising for my business up at your place?

SarahBell if you are renting a place and the sign is still up then just remove it ....the lazy agents will not be the wiser.

Its not on mine else it'd be removed pronto - its on a house split into two flats round the corner from me. Only in their window it says both are let - whereas the to let sign hasn't been there more than 3 days - so I assume they're using the sign as very cheap advertising.

When the house sold (by them) the sign was up for months.

IN fact its still showing under the for sale bit on their website

http://www.nathanlloyd.co.uk/sell.htm

as sold - yet was sold back in march

And I think the enderby road property was one for sale on tomclarke.co.uk about a year and half ago but they'd took it off the market as they were fed up with trying to sell it.

I assume as they're still quite a new agent they'd like the publicity to attract more clients.

Why would you like a dirty great sign in your garden advertising to the world you are renting a property? Can i come along and put some advertising for my business up at your place?

SarahBell if you are renting a place and the sign is still up then just remove it ....the lazy agents will not be the wiser.

The poster asked how long it should stay up. The answer is as long as a piece of string, as there is no legal requirement to remove the sign. I never said that the sign SHOULD stay up indefinitely, nor do I think that.

The poster asked how long it should stay up. The answer is as long as a piece of string, as there is no legal requirement to remove the sign. I never said that the sign SHOULD stay up indefinitely, nor do I think that.

Personally I'd pull it out & dispose of it myself, then just blame it on the local hoodies - happens all the time :)

Despite our "disagreement" on another thread :P I would be inclined to agree with live in hope on this one.The wind is another good one! Especially how the weather has been last few days lol.

I believe my local council has regulations on these chuffing signs. You might try there.

I know some naughty boys who pulled down a sign on a drunken bender one night, and the whole bloody wall came down.

btp

I believe my local council has regulations on these chuffing signs. You might try there.

I know some naughty boys who pulled down a sign on a drunken bender one night, and the whole bloody wall came down.

btp

LOL its half way up the house so it'd need someone tall or someone with ladders... or just some very enthusiastic climbers

:)

There's a sold sign outside a house I drive past to work that's been up for over a year! It kinda annoys me now. Just sheer laziness!