House Price Crash Forum

Too Much Risk - I'm Out....

Jumble

HOLA441

12 months ago I sold up and started renting. Have to admit liked the place, nice high ceilings etc. But I cant stand the waste any more.

I've had my offer accepted on the new house and I cant wait to be back in the game. Paying £25k a year to a landlord for no return is not my idea of common sense.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest Winners and Losers

That's a heck of alot of rent to pay! Obviously, you would be better off buying. Hope you are very happy in your new home.

12 months ago I sold up and started renting. Have to admit liked the place, nice high ceilings etc. But I cant stand the waste any more.

I've had my offer accepted on the new house and I cant wait to be back in the game. Paying £25k a year to a landlord for no return is not my idea of common sense.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

who's your landlord ? TTRTR ? :lol:

aaawwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooggggaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sign_of_the_times

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I'm surprised that this made it through as a first post, your very own thread!

Pity it smacks of pure bullsh1t though.

25k p.a. for rent? More money than sense springs to mind.

Good luck in what ever you choose to do, even though I think you're a TROLL.

;)

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

That's a heck of alot of rent to pay! Obviously, you would be better off buying. Hope you are very happy in your new home.

Thanks for your wishes. It is expensive, but I like living somewhere nice - life is to short to live in anything else. New place is more cottagey but should be cool too.

One thing I have enjoyed about renting is the sense of being able to move on with minimal hassle. One bad thing is the constant fear of marking a wall or damaging a carpet and losing deposit....

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

No return? how about a roof over your head & no risk? Anyway, goodluck for the future.

HOLA4414
One bad thing is the constant fear of marking a wall or damaging a carpet and losing deposit....

I find it's better to assume that the landlord spent the deposit on beer and loose women the day he got it and has no intention of repaying: that way, if I get it back (which I actually have about half the time now) it's a pleasant surprise.

HOLA4415

hehehe

just caught him viewing the thread, and then he was..............................gone :lol:

Wow, it sure is friendly here to new posters! I've been a lurker sure, but I'm not a troll. A troll to my mind is someone who deliberately disrupts a thread, or abusing other posters. I have no intention of doing that.

Having experienced a period of renting, and whilst its been nice to earn £1400pm interest before tax on my banked equity, I might have become less convinced of the wisdom of staying out. I'm 40 years old and my mortgage paying years are dwindling - if no HPC arrives I am screwed even worse than living with payments on a 20%+ temporarily over-priced mortgage.

Needless to say though I am reducing my exposure on one front at least by fixing my mortgage for 10 years at 4.69%

HOLA4416

Why rent from the bank when it's cheaper to rent from a landlord?

And why is the site allowing someone with 0 posts to start a topic?

This has to be my first AWOOOGA.

aaawwwwwww....

You beat me to it!

Can I say it anyway?

I'm going to say it.......AWWWWOOOOGA

:D

HOLA4417

No return? how about a roof over your head & no risk? Anyway, goodluck for the future.

Thanks badger.

With regards to the risk you mention you have to put these things into longer term perspective. Sure the market will rise and fall; I bought my first house in 1983, and have been through one price crash and recession, so I know how bad it can feel, but we came out the other side, and as I didnt sell during that period I never had to crystallize the loss. Although I know those who returned their keys.

Anyway, whilst I have never treated my house as an investment, it has been a very good forced savings measure, and if I divide the amount of equity I've inadvertantly built-up by the time its taken to build it I've earned £1267 per month despite the last hpc - which far exceeds my interest and capital repayments. If I were renting I would have none of this.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

yeah but no but

if this is a real story and not a troll, some more details of your rationale for such a bold move (in the face of overwhelming evidence that the HPC is just warming up) would be welcome perhaps....?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

And why is the site allowing someone with 0 posts to start a topic?

And why is that so wrong - is this a bit of an old boys club? You know we members of the fairer (smarter?) gender even get the vote now - bet that upsets you too. :blink:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest muttley

Thanks badger.

With regards to the risk you mention you have to put these things into longer term perspective. Sure the market will rise and fall; I bought my first house in 1983, and have been through one price crash and recession, so I know how bad it can feel, but we came out the other side, and as I didnt sell during that period I never had to crystallize the loss. Although I know those who returned their keys.

Anyway, whilst I have never treated my house as an investment, it has been a very good forced savings measure, and if I divide the amount of equity I've inadvertantly built-up by the time its taken to build it I've earned £1267 per month despite the last hpc - which far exceeds my interest and capital repayments. If I were renting I would have none of this.

Jumble,you acknowledge that house prices are cyclical,then you divide your equity by the number of months you have owned property (linear increase?!).Coming back to the title of your thread,why is there too much risk?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425