House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuyingBear

Quality Bbc Journalism

Shell's Nigeria output cut by 20%

Shell has cut its Nigeria oil output by 10% after a pipeline explosion and the kidnapping of four foreign oil workers.

It is losing 106,000 barrels a day after closing the pipeline to an export terminal. Earlier, a platform closure had cut another 120,000 barrels."

Can anyone spot the discrepancy?

Also, who thinks the fed has finished raising?

note; I have attached the original so we can see the revisionism once the magic of Orwell has taken affect.

bbc.GIF

post-2525-1137174411.gif

Edited by BuyingBear

Shell's Nigeria output cut by 20%

Shell has cut its Nigeria oil output by 10% after a pipeline explosion and the kidnapping of four foreign oil workers.

It is losing 106,000 barrels a day after closing the pipeline to an export terminal. Earlier, a platform closure had cut another 120,000 barrels."

Is it the 20% and then 10%.

What prize do I get for that?

Edited by Anti_Claus

Is it the 20% and then 10%.

What prize do I get for that?

Yup, as a reward you get a job at the Beeb, actually you can tell the difference between those two figures so you're overqualified :angry:

House prices fall = 'house prices rising again', it's all Alice in Wonderland.

i think they mean. 10% lost to pipe closing and another 10% with the platform failure. = 20% output fall.

i suppose thats ok, but id heard earlier that nigeria had cut off shell, not shell had cut off nigeria.

Within the food figures vegetable soared 22% during the month, the biggest gain in more than a year

Time to Invest in a Lemon................. :rolleyes:

I can see it now, prices soar for a year, Buy-to-Eat Loans introduced, with silly arguments like "everyone needs to eat, so im charging extra & Veg prices never go down, Im in it for the long term", etc

Time to Invest in a Lemon................. :rolleyes:

I can see it now, prices soar for a year, Buy-to-Eat Loans introduced, with silly arguments like "everyone needs to eat, so im charging extra & Veg prices never go down, Im in it for the long term", etc

absolutely.

time for the ele-citrus-ity meters to be installed!!

note; I have attached the original so we can see the revisionism once the magic of Orwell has taken affect.

I don't think it's a typo either: 10% for the first 100K+, and 10% for the second 100K+.

What is remarkable is that current world demand is something like 86-88 Million barrels per day. 226000 barrels per day are roughly 0.26% of the total world demand. You'd think that's not a lot but it seems the oil market is so jittery at the moment that oil prices rise on that sort of news.

I consider this as a hint what's likely to come over the next few years in terms of all the problems associated with peak oil.