House Price Crash Forum

Buying A Car - Internet Brokers Anyone Used Em?

needle

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Does anyone have experience (or know anyone who has) of buying a car from an online broker?

Any Problems/delays/hassles?

Any recommendations?

Much appreciated.

I used Virgin Cars last year. The car was as it should be (once degreased, cleaned inside and out), but the service was, on a scale from 0-10, about 3. They wanted all monies up front, they tried to rip me off with the road tax, the car wasn't ready (about 2 hours late) on the day of collection, and it was absolutely filthy. A no frills service but with huge savings (more than £5,500). They have now ceased trading.

I have heard particularly good reports about www.allbrandsnew.co.uk and others. I would do some serious checking before handing over hard earned cash though.

These companies are worth using despite some of the irritations.

HOLA446

Not sure what you mean.

I bought our last car by talking with the internet sales guy (as well as the internet sales guy of a few other dealers).

By saying "This dealer will give me the car for X, can you beat it?" I was able to talk them down. Once we got to the dealers we had zero problems with them trying any fast ones (like changing the price, or not having the car we had talked about). This was a new car so the cars were exactaly equal.

Do you guys have something like Edmunds? Way better than blue book.

http://www.edmunds.com/

Good luck!

HOLA447

Just been forced to buy a nearly new car as my newest car - 1988 VW was on it's last legs. After much searching and planning etc etc I bought a Ford Focus from the local main dealer through thier Ford Direct scheme. Big savings on new and big savings on their published prices. Main dealer satisfaction, 2 year extra warentee/recovery etc etc. Great car but then again my car experience is confined to ancient last millenium ground vehicles so anything new feels like a spaceship to me. :D

Archived