House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Leodhasach

Nigeria Cuts Oil Production By 10%

Nigeria's production cut in response to attacks and kidnappings on the oilfields. A temporary blip if it's bandidoes, a sign of things to come if it's Jihadis. IIRC, Osama's mate specifically called for attacks on oil installations recently??

Oil's already $64...wasn't it supposed to be >$40 by now?? Have a word, Gordon!

Nigeria's production cut in response to attacks and kidnappings on the oilfields. A temporary blip if it's bandidoes, a sign of things to come if it's Jihadis. IIRC, Osama's mate specifically called for attacks on oil installations recently??

Oil's already $64...wasn't it supposed to be >$40 by now?? Have a word, Gordon!

Have you a link?

What does "Leodhasach" mean, and how do you say it?

What does "Leodhasach" mean, and how do you say it?

Roughly, Lyoh-ah-sach - that's "ch", not "ck"! Not very exciting I'm afraid, it's Gaelic for someone from Leodhas, or the Isle of Lewis - same as a Sassanach is someone from Sassan (England). Incidentally, the term Sassanach has no derogatory connotations at all in Gaelic.

Nigerian oil problems

George Bush wants Oil to rise and sod what the American people want.

“Karzai continued to serve the agency's interests, as well as those of the Bush Family and their oil friends in negotiating the CentGas deal, according to Middle East and South Asian sources.â€

It,s as Catch22 say. They take taxes to fight wars and then the corporation rake in the profit. Blair and Co are no better.

Roughly, Lyoh-ah-sach - that's "ch", not "ck"! Not very exciting I'm afraid, it's Gaelic for someone from Leodhas, or the Isle of Lewis - same as a Sassanach is someone from Sassan (England). Incidentally, the term Sassanach has no derogatory connotations at all in Gaelic.

Nigerian oil problems

Ooops! Shows what an ignorant lalland git I am, I ought to have known that. What's it like up your way at this time of year?

On the topic, you do wonder about what is going on. You've got Bush et al prodding away at Iran, hard to judge whether what they are doing is really justified or not. Is Iran with nukes any worse than Pakistan with nukes.... I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm not sure I see much difference. Is there truly hard evidence that Iran is anywhere close to producing a bomb?

Iran is supplying 5% of the world's oil and isn't such a wise choice for the US/UK to bully.

The problems in Nigeria.

Incipient depletion of the 2nd and 3rd largest fields in the world (the Burgan and the Canterell)..