House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rain'ard

Strange Changes Happening Around Me

I spoke to a one off Landlord today. He lives in London rents out a flat here in Brighton. His agent told him `tenants are thin on the ground’. So he has decided to modernise the flat and put it one the market.

It’s been empty for a couple of months. He has the problem of another five for sale in the same complex of eighty. Ironically there are many interested viewers, mostly parents setting up home for their girly daughters.

I am unable to speculate how this pans out for the market if this is a new trend, but these are circumstances new to me since my eighteen years of living here.

Unable to rent

Many for sale

Overpriced

Prices down minimally

Still Attracting mugs.

When’s the good old traditional crash and boom coming back?

Is my opinion of stupid parents mewing for their spoilt brats a bit harsh.

I spoke to a one off Landlord today. He lives in London rents out a flat here in Brighton. His agent told him `tenants are thin on the ground’. So he has decided to modernise the flat and put it one the market.

It’s been empty for a couple of months. He has the problem of another five for sale in the same complex of eighty. Ironically there are many interested viewers, mostly parents setting up home for their girly daughters.

I am unable to speculate how this pans out for the market if this is a new trend, but these are circumstances new to me since my eighteen years of living here.

Unable to rent

Many for sale

Overpriced

Prices down minimally

Still Attracting mugs.

When’s the good old traditional crash and boom coming back?

Is my opinion of stupid parents mewing for their spoilt brats a bit harsh.

The belief in the housing market by somone who is in BTL or has seen there property go up in value by so much is huge, people look at past performance over the last 5-10 years, and believe this will continue. People have short term memories... What the boom gives, the crash will taketh away

A guy I play Table Tennis with bought a BTL in 2004. His reasoning???? Yep - "It's my pension.....you can't lose money on property over 10-15 years" He also admitted that he wasn't making a penny from the rent which I reckon means he is subsidising it.

He's nearly fifty so I reckon he's probably wanting his wonga out in 10 rather than 15 years. When I suggested that he did a bit of research, as it is quite possible that in 10 years he would have made the square root of sweet FA, he went very quiet and then just wandered off.........

Also as part of this conversation I suggested that perhaps the stock market was performing better than the property market currently is. His response??????

"Oh I'm not sure we want to get involved with uneccessary risk like that"

PRICELESS.......... :blink::huh::o