House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big_Head

Abergavenny

Anyone have any good info regarding Abergavenny?

Prices are daft (similar to SE where I worked) but do not seem to be lowering, however houses are not selling either.

There is hardly any industry here, I do not understand the high prices!

I have read on this forum that S Wales will get hit hard with a crash, I hope that happens in Abergavenny too.

The whole of South Wales is maddness - from Chepstow right down to St. David's in the West. Absolutely nuts! I have lost count of the number of friends from London who have commeted that prices down here now rival London and certainly the South East of England in general.

Wales is going to see huge corrections IMPO. I cannot name one major company that has rellocated to South Wales since New Labour came to power. Six in ten people work in the Public Sector and I expect Wales will suffer big time in any economic downturn.

Abergavenny has a nice monthly food market though!

Wales is going to see huge corrections IMPO. I cannot name one major company that has rellocated to South Wales since New Labour came to power.

I can't remember what, but there is some big move of government agency about to take place to Cardiff, or perhaps its already started. That has some effect.

Wales has some zany prices, and Monmouthshire some fairly extreme ones. Pop over the border into Herefordshire and prices can be cheaper.

Anyone have any good info regarding Abergavenny?

Prices are daft (similar to SE where I worked) but do not seem to be lowering, however houses are not selling either.

There is hardly any industry here, I do not understand the high prices!

I have read on this forum that S Wales will get hit hard with a crash, I hope that happens in Abergavenny too.

You have good taste . Places like Aber. Monmouth, Usk, Chepstow and the Wye valley are highly desirable and always have been. Atypical prices (for Wales) historically sustained by affluent Welsh who have retired there to fish or bird it.

Prices further pushed up and sustained by the Bristolians who do still work and commute everyday to B'tol or Cardiff.

I'm loathe to say that the days of bargains in this area are long gone, never to return. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath!