Location Location "oh No Please No More"

HOLA441
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Blatant ramping...seems more desperate than ever too!

First few minutes was designed to make anyone who isn't "on the ladder" feel completely inadequate.

Talk of shares losing him 20K

Woman described as "falling down to earth with a bang" when she made the fatal mistake of "getting off the property ladder" (exclaimed Kirsty with astonished tone of voice)

Kirsty "is now a good time to be getting into BTL?"

Phil "Yes, with the right deal"

etc etc

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Kirsty "is now a good time to be getting into BTL?"

Phil "Yes, with the right deal"

etc etc

Did you hear the tone of Kirsty's voice - seemed very disparaging of property as an investment. Would Phil have qualified his response a year ago?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

why is the bloke trying so hard to be impressed by every property ?

have they written a script for him ?

what a pussy

whats the betting they had all the other for sale boards taken down in the streets they were filming ? :o

OMG jumping about after offering full asking :lol::lol:

Edited by sign_of_the_times

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Muppets, £60k for a house that will only rent for £325 per month, that's a 6.5% yeild before fees, voids, insurance, inspections and before the mortgage of course!

But think of the capital gain!

And the other apartment for "young professionals" will "make money" because it rents for £350 a month, that's £25 more than above... or, wait for it, £300 extra per annum! Woah.

How on earth can they say it will deliver longterm capital gain?

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4412

Young city professionals ... here to save the day :) Is there a young city professional that won't buy a £60k house?

Muppets, £60k for a house that will only rent for £325 per month, that's a 6.5% yeild before fees, voids, insurance, inspections and before the mortgage of course!

If you have the cash to buy it, that's not terrible. If you are borrowing to buy it, its horrendous.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

If you have the cash to buy it, that's not terrible. If you are borrowing to buy it, its horrendous.

Is it though? A deposit account will deliver at least 4.5% without risk to capital, this place will give you 2% more minus fee's, insurance, inspections and the risk of voids, for that sort of risk premium I'd expect more than a 2% bonus, I'd rather look to the markets!

HOLA4416

Is it though? A deposit account will deliver at least 4.5% without risk to capital, this place will give you 2% more minus fee's, insurance, inspections and the risk of voids, for that sort of risk premium I'd expect more than a 2% bonus, I'd rather look to the markets!

Yeah, maybe. Although I have to go against my general impression of property prices and think that that place is unlikely to fall much from £60k. That is really pretty cheap. In the long term (15+ years) I would be surprised if you don't get real capital gains.

but ... they are pulling out because they can't risk it. Sensible. They clearly had no cash to handle this which would have been stupid.

Edited by padders

HOLA4417

Quite

You need to have bought before 2000 to make a good return with BTL

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Yeah, maybe. Although I have to go against my general impression of property prices and think that that place is unlikely to fall much from £60k. That is really pretty cheap. In the long term (15+ years) I would be surprised if you don't get real capital gains.

Hrm, a high tide raises all boats! They may not of been able to give these places away for £30k a while back, from my experience I've seen terraces go from £30-40k to £120-160k, whilst larger semis have 'only' gone from £100k to £190k. Detached from £150k to ~£300k.

Once larger houses fall in value people will simply side step smaller places like above.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4420

Hrm, a high tide raises all boats! They may not of been able to give these places away for £30k a while back, from my experience I've seen terraces go from £30-40k to £120-160k, whilst larger semis have 'only' gone from £100k to £190k. Detached from £150k to ~£300k.

Once larger houses fall in value people will simply side step smaller places like above.

I agree.

My mum's house was valued at around £30k, 5 or 6 years ago. A similar house near by receently sold for £130k.

These kind of houses can easily return near to their original value. I would'nt be foolish enough to rule it out.

HOLA4421

God its like P & K have seen the light. The BTL in Hull would have been suicide.

As for a cheap BTL in Manchester- feck off, there's NOTHING left to buy - even Moss Side is 90k plus now and no bugger wants to live there. People are piling into the real Shiteholes like Gorton and Openshaw now -its full of BTLs not being lived in.

On the upside, that house in Whitefield was actually not a bad buy. Nice area and on the tram. They won't end up with massive NE come the slump.

Bit disappointed really, I was hoping for carnage.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

On the upside, that house in Whitefield was actually not a bad buy. Nice area and on the tram. They won't end up with massive NE come the slump.

Bit disappointed really, I was hoping for carnage.

Actually, I'm glad there wasn't carnage. The couple struck me as being non-w@nkers, just a little naive.

That's the first time I have the misfortune to see K+P. My thoughts:

1) "I have no reason to talk up the property market" - pull the other one, love! Your show depends on a "money for nothing" fantasy

2) Is there no way a financial watchdog could intervene? Did they ever mention that "the value of properties may go down as well as up"? (was flicking back and forth to the football). This was a 1hr long show which basically implied that a BTL in studentsville in Hull was a means of securing a comfortable retirement. A 30 second advert suggesting such a thing without caveats would be struck down by the ASA or FSA instantly

3) That Kirsty's a bit broad in the beam, isn't she? With an ar$e that size she must need planning permission to sit down. And that icky-sicky wittle girl wisp she affects when talking really, really annoys me

I feel better now....

HOLA4424

2) Is there no way a financial watchdog could intervene? Did they ever mention that "the value of properties may go down as well as up"? (was flicking back and forth to the football). This was a 1hr long show which basically implied that a BTL in studentsville in Hull was a means of securing a comfortable retirement.

Indeed, their precise words were that the BTL was an "essential part of securing their financial future"

HOLA4425

Indeed, their precise words were that the BTL was an "essential part of securing their financial future"

Yep a BTL in a depressed area, temporarily inflated by rampant HPI. Good move.

Why not buy somewhere in Stoke on Trent too, for extra security???

Thank god they saw through it, for their sakes.