House Price Crash Forum
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Just Signed A 6 Month Lease On This Flat

My rent is 300 pm. The flat is gorgeous and has just been completely decorated. Original wooden floors, tall ceilings and windows, big rooms, open fire places, modern kitchen and toilet. 5 minutes walk from work, free parking permit, and 10 minutes walk from the West end of Glasgow. Okay no student nurses to share with but any fluff that comes back WILL be impressed. Comments please though.

My new residence

My rent is 300 pm. The flat is gorgeous and has just been completely decorated. Original wooden floors, tall ceilings and windows, big rooms, open fire places, modern kitchen and toilet. 5 minutes walk from work, free parking permit, and 10 minutes walk from the West end of Glasgow. Okay no student nurses to share with but any fluff that comes back WILL be impressed. Comments please though.

My new residence

That looks great, I am pretty envious, you want to see what you can get here (bristol) for that. Im going to get a resident landlord soon and aim to get 200pcm all in, but I do not think it would impress the girls though!

You are the king of avatars! :)

Yo' pretty ladies around the world

Got a weird thing to show you

So tell all the boys and girls

Tell your brother, your sister and your mamma too

we're about to go to glasgow

And you know just what to do

P...A...T...R....Y..Whooo whooooo !!!!

**edit.

hold on ...theres somthing coming through on my cauldron...

ahh yes. i see a red haired scot. in a kilt drinking tizer and vodka. i see a large rocket shaped plastic flexible thing. i see fire and a great heat. i see snow...wait..whats this. ahh, i also see the police. what are they doing there.? there going for the floorboards..whats that ...a dead body of a prostitute ?

Edited by right_freds_dead

Hi,

Great place.

Where I live (Uxbridge - west London) you can rent nothing decent for < £850 a month. I pay £750 a month for a run down 2 bed flat although its in a good location. This is the problem with all the arguments for renting v buying. Around London rents still seem to be very high. I am looking at buying at the moment purely because I want a place I can turn into my own home and bring up to the standard you are renting. Rentals around here tend to be scruffy or ridiculously priced.

Neil

My new residence

Looks good. Just realised my flat is a disgrace.

Careful your kilt doesn´t clash with the sofa.

btp

My new residence

£300 is for a room in this flat, not the whole flat surely?

Looks v. nice. Just a little concerned about the wisdom of putting your new address on the web.......

That's 2 mins walk from my place in Lancefield Quay.

The advantage of Lancefiled Quay - the development is so empty that it is really quiet - I have no neighbours in any direction.

However - the rent is twice your £300pcm - so I'm paying for it. You seem to have found an excellent deal.

I suggest you retire to the Ben Nevis on Argyle Street for a celebratory whiskey ASAP.

Cheers,

kit2two

That's 2 mins walk from my place in Lancefield Quay.

The advantage of Lancefiled Quay - the development is so empty that it is really quiet - I have no neighbours in any direction.

However - the rent is twice your £300pcm - so I'm paying for it. You seem to have found an excellent deal.

I suggest you retire to the Ben Nevis on Argyle Street for a celebratory whiskey ASAP.

Cheers,

kit2two

You could meet up, see if you get on and share... its two bedrooms, share the rent and you have a bargain 150 a mounth each :) With bills you might find your paying less rent than me... :P

Edited by moosetea

Wife would object.

And shakerbaby's "fluff" might get upset with my screaming 6 month old baby....

women love babies :P and pets... I agree your wife could be a problem, but that could be solved, did you know jan 12th (yesterday) is the biggest day in the year for relationship/marrage breakups?

Edited by moosetea

So Shakerbaby, which is the best way to impress the fluff?

Do you forget to mention that you are renting the place and let them think that you own it and therefore have more money than sense,

or

Do you you tell them that you are renting because it is much better value than buying and hope that they are impressed by your financial acumen,

or

Do you impress them with a flash car which you bought with the money that you saved by renting.

We gave our landlord a months notice on moving out last night. There are three of us all together, and the other two people I live with decided (with some pointing out by me) that they are living beyond their means. They are both in their early 20’s and earn a typically poor unskilled wage.

One of the two has decided to move to London and live with his brother in law (for free) on the search for a better wage. He is a Builders mate (welder by trade)

The other has decided to move in with a friend who recently bought a house (oh dear) and pretty much lodge. He is a Carpet fitter/barman

I have decided to move back to my mum and dads whilst I apply for a US visa &/or full time work in oil & gas somewhere far, far away, I have basically made my mind up on working overseas for a year or two. The wages are better and the tax is low. Plus I think we all know the dollar is going to strengthen, after a couple more rate bumps from the Fed. So it would be nice to be paid in dollars and move back here with a big pile of them, when the ER suits me. Of course this may never happen but it’s a strategy worthy of thought.

We have spent the last year having a great time and all three of us have pretty much spent all we earn month on month.

Our rent was 440pcm between 3 of us excluding bills, so was a paltry £143 per month. The other two were just appalling savers and regularly late paying the rent… Some people.

I find it hilarious that people think they are rich because they bought a £200,000 house. It’s great to point out “I owe the SLC £10,000 @ 3%. You owe Barclays £210,000 @ 5%.â€

I have much more disposable cash than you, even though you’re wages are higher than mine.

Then I have to listen to “renting is dead moneyâ€. Mwhaaaahaahaha.

I’m sorry I didn’t realise the bank are going to give you the back the interest on you’re FAT loan

I would feel sick if I spent 210 grand and had to repay 330 grand over twenty years. Only to find out that for half of that time the thing I bought is worth 110.

Imagine spunking £200,000 in this way. It’s just dead money. Mwhaaaahaahaha

Nice pad Shakerbaby, bring on the fluff.

shakerbabys not responding.

do you think hes with a nice lady right now. in his pad. there probably lightly discussing politics, but i bet later her black bra and panties come off and theres some heavy duty thrusting action going down in this property.

£300 is for a room in this flat, not the whole flat surely?

Also all I can see is an asking price of offers over 125K

Looks v. nice. Just a little concerned about the wisdom of putting your new address on the web.......

yes a really silly thing to do :rolleyes:;)

I reckon shaker is talking rubbish as usual :P;)

Edited by Catch22

WHAT are "the fluff" doing to impress you?

Maybe you should look for an average-looking woman with a good heart, and a good brain, and settle for ordinary happiness rather than trying to impress "real lookers", who I have found are rarely worth the time and money spent on them.

Once you stop trying to live the life that you think the media wants you to live, you can find true happiness

I rarely disagree with u but must do on this occasion

Looks are no indicator of personality WHATSOEVER

A lot of really, really good looking girls are shy and rarely get approached by anyone other than drunken fools and are delighted when they ascertain that youre not another slobbering hornbag.

Just as a lot of average looking girls carry more emotional baggage than would get on an emotional budget airline.

What you see is rarely what you get.

women love babies :P and pets... I agree your wife could be a problem, but that could be solved, did you know jan 12th (yesterday) is the biggest day in the year for relationship/marrage breakups?

So you break up and wake up today to:

[FRIDAY 13TH

WHAT are "the fluff" doing to impress you?

Maybe you should look for an average-looking woman with a good heart, and a good brain, and settle for ordinary happiness rather than trying to impress "real lookers", who I have found are rarely worth the time and money spent on them.

Once you stop trying to live the life that you think the media wants you to live, you can find true happiness

Here here!

But I he didn't mention marrying them or anything.....

So Shakerbaby, which is the best way to impress the fluff?

Do you forget to mention that you are renting the place and let them think that you own it and therefore have more money than sense,

or

Do you you tell them that you are renting because it is much better value than buying and hope that they are impressed by your financial acumen,

or

Do you impress them with a flash car which you bought with the money that you saved by renting.

Yes, these things are really all we're interested in. You HPC men really understand women. I don't understand why you're not all out on a ledge somewhere.

shakerbabys not responding.

do you think hes with a nice lady right now. in his pad. there probably lightly discussing politics, but i bet later her black bra and panties come off and theres some heavy duty thrusting action going down in this property.

Oh, look, please, for heaven's sake, pull yourself together.

Yes, these things are really all we're interested in. You HPC men really understand women. I don't understand why you're not all out on a ledge somewhere.

Oh, look, please, for heaven's sake, pull yourself together.

hehe :) guess it depends on the woman your obviously a much higher class :) I remember visiting a mate near london sat in a bar having a nice chat. Two girls (worked at heathrow) walk over and sit down to chat, the second and third things they said were what do you do, and what car do you drive.... everyone is different :)

almost home time, whats everyone upto over the weekend? got a rather good evening of salsa dancing lined up....

Edited by moosetea

Hey thanks for everyones comments, especially Catch22's. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

To clarify it is 300pm for the flatshare (I did originally state I was looking for a flatshare) so I am sharing with someone but he is as cool, chilled, and laid back as myself so I cannot see it being a problem. Whats important to me is the time saving and not the money (although I am saving a lot on petrol and parking charges immediately) as I now live so close to work I have eliminated over 12 hours commute time with the bonus of living near to all the Glasgow Westend 'action'. And yeah on reflection it may have been silly to post my new address however I had been out celebrating so was a bit innuberated when I originally posted and wanted to share my joy.

As for a wee HPC Westend meet in the Ben Nevis, I am definetly up for that. I move in on Sunday night so PM me in a week or so and we can arrange something soon.

B)B)B)B)