House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spirit

Reality Bites

Lots of people reducing prices in latest expats thread and buyers seem to be making "silly" offers more frequently now....

Phone call off agent this morning to say we'd had an offer....£60k under asking price....tell her to *uck off I said...
IF! ... we had the time no way would I have accepted anything as low as we have, but with our mission we don't have time to hang around! ... and it was accept now or wait forever for the right price, and in the same time it could mess up our plan.
I just cant believe the cheek of some people...a nice chainsaw to the head springs to mind when they start taking the piss...

Oh,well...at least you'll be there soon,thats the main thing...I couldn't afford to go if I was to drop £60k..not that I would...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread....t=344798&page=6

Lots of people reducing prices in latest expats thread and buyers seem to be making "silly" offers more frequently now....

We have said it before but it is still unbelievable. This is what Lord Keynes called "sticky downwards". Just delays the inevitable. If one of these people can't sell their car they will drop the price with not a complaint. But no, house equity, even nominal equity, that's my precious, my precious, all mine!

With market nous like this good luck on their world conquering adventures....

Edited by Tempest

The ignorance and anger displayed is irrational. Why are sensible offers deemed "insulting" yet the obscene amounts they are ask for their properties are seen as good value. They will have to learn the hard way, me thinks.

I think we are seriously blessed on this forum not only for expats but the internet in general. By infultrating and reading such sites we (for the first time ever) witnessing the crash in 'real time'. As the markets fall from them we can observe and comment on their attitudes. At the moment I am personally still amazed at their balls (matbe they are too drunk on karma) and stupidity as they seem so happy to chase the market down. If just one expat had any economic sense they would see that as the market is falling in Oz they are better off to beat the UK market and move on and grab a bargain down under. The ones that hold on and deny the truth I doubt will ever make it onto Bondi beach in their g-string.

Why are sensible offers deemed "insulting" yet the obscene amounts they are ask for their properties are seen as good value.

Because many people are expecting to sell their house in the UK for three times what they paid for it five years ago, emigrate to a cheaper country and buy something much nicer for cash with the profits... if they can't sell at bubble prices, then their whole dream is destroyed. Few people react kindly to that.

Of course I'm expecting to buy a nice place for cash myself if and when I finally get my visa: but I'm not relying on selling an overpriced two-bed flat in the UK to do so... though I will have to get at least a small mortgage (or a smaller house) if my stock options don't go up again :).

More wholesome posts from our 'friendly' expat forum

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347986

Tosspot Neighbours

I live in a 4 bed semi and being a 'quality' and I use that word loosely, Westbury home, we get a great deal of noise from 'them' next door. We have a second viewing on Saturday. The people next door are renting and they qre, quite frankly, a*seholes. They are very noisy and we have had much contact with their letting agents over the amount of noise they make. Im debating about putting a very polite and nice note through their door saying something along the lines of....' we have a second viewing this Sat at 1200 and would be realy grateful if you could keep the noise down at this time.' Do you reckon I should?
A great ethical dilemma....

Don't you think that it's wrong to try and sell your house to some unspecting people who will have to live next door to them? Shouldn't you warn them?

If you'd bought a house in Australia and the previous owners hadn't told you about something which was really causing your quality of life to suffer, what type of things would you be posting on here?

I know what I would do......

Yes the joys of living in 'semi' detached or should it be 'semi' attached? I hope our friends heading off to their fabulous new lives in the welcoming continent of Australia don't end up living cheek by jowl with a red neck biggoted Ozzy. Ohh the hand wringing confusion of it all would be too much to bear :lol:

I hope our friends heading off to their fabulous new lives in the welcoming continent of Australia don't end up living cheek by jowl with a red neck biggoted Ozzy. Ohh the hand wringing confusion of it all would be too much to bear :lol:

now that's what I call karma! :lol:

Guest Winners and Losers

Agree, the market in Au has already crashed. Whatever they lose now they will make up in spades! (and buckets on Bondi beach).

I think we are seriously blessed on this forum not only for expats but the internet in general. By infultrating and reading such sites we (for the first time ever) witnessing the crash in 'real time'. As the markets fall from them we can observe and comment on their attitudes. At the moment I am personally still amazed at their balls (matbe they are too drunk on karma) and stupidity as they seem so happy to chase the market down. If just one expat had any economic sense they would see that as the market is falling in Oz they are better off to beat the UK market and move on and grab a bargain down under. The ones that hold on and deny the truth I doubt will ever make it onto Bondi beach in their g-string.