House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yandros

Anecdotal From An Ea

My girlfriend was speaking to a colleague at work today, who is considering getting into the BTL market. Fortunately though, she had enough sense to ask the advice of her aunt, who's an estate agent.

Her advice: (paraphrased)

The market is going to be awash with 1 & 2 bed flats, mainly due to the SIPPS U-turn, so don't buy for at least 6 months, by which time the prices should've dropped considerably.

Since this isn't the usual 'telling the punter what they want to hear' EA tactic, I think this comment has some value.

Edited by Yandros

Great stuff, sums it up really. Gotta love those anecdotals. I'm still waiting to find out whether my mates 2 bed maisonette really has dropped from 230 to 165k in a year, she had a phone valuation, waiting for true valuation soon (Brighton BTW).

My girlfriend was speaking to a colleague at work today, who is considering getting into the BTL market. Fortunately though, she had enough sense to ask the advice of her aunt, who's an estate agent.

The market is going to be awash with 1 & 2 bed flats, mainly due to the SIPPS U-turn, so don't buy for at least 6 months, by which time the prices should've dropped considerably.

Since this isn't the usual 'telling the punter what they want to hear' EA tactic, I think this comment has some value.

A friend of a friend of mine has recently let out his 2 bedroom town house and purchased a 3 bedroom semi on the outskirts.

I imagine that there is still a big demand for town houses/flats as FTBers cant afford to buy! This is where most of the 20 somethings like to live, close to the pubs, clubs etc. I have a few footie mates who live in these type of houses. They sit around in the evening playing pro evo and smoking weed. (not me!)

Anyway, I didnt like to tell him that I've been seeing more and more TO LET signs everywhere recently, and didn't see the point as he had already bought his new house.

He earns quite good money, but I'm afraid its only the likes of these bigger earners (8%) who are the last people to prop up these ridiculous prices.

Where is she an EA?