House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

We Need A T L A (three Letter Acronym)...

Just thought we shoudl try and come up with a catchy phrase/title for the phenomenon whereby low inflation means that debt doesn't quickly evaporate.

"Low inflation means loans linger longer" is a great signature, but I wonder if we could come up with something catchier that could be used by the press and have the same era-defining character of "negative equity"...

Just thought we shoudl try and come up with a catchy phrase/title for the phenomenon whereby low inflation means that debt doesn't quickly evaporate.

"Low inflation means loans linger longer" is a great signature, but I wonder if we could come up with something catchier that could be used by the press and have the same era-defining character of "negative equity"...

don't you already have it there? Low Inflation Problem = LIP?

giving scope for puns about lippiness, lipstick, lip service etc etc

Guest wrongmove

Future Uncertain 'Cos Kids Embrace Debt

:lol::lol::lol:

You can always rely on Mutley for the best acronyms.

After the Lord Mayor's show: Longer Lasting Loans - at least it might p1ss Phil and Kirsty off.

Future Uncertain 'Cos Kids Embrace Debt

quality!! :lol:

What about Borrowing Only Large Loads Of Cash Knowingly Stupid

Edited by teddyboy

The Millstone Effect

frugalista

TLA is a Three Letter Abbreviation as it does not make a 'word' like say TAl or LAT. which would make it an Acronym.

Strictly speaking I'm not being pedantic.

No, you're just being footling...

"HELD" mortgage - High Ever Lasting Debt

"LoLa syndrome/effect" - Long Lasting Loan

in "DEEp" - Delayed Equity Expectation

Fantastic suggestions everyone. Keep 'em coming. This widely neglected, yet remarkably simple, aspect of economic theory is going to define the UK for sometime, IMO.

It doesn't have to be a TLA; some two-word phrase like negative equity would suffice. Just has to be catchy/technical.

My suggestion is "non-depreciating debt", as in:

"Yeah, I was like totally screwed by NDD in the late noughties"

Fantastic suggestions everyone. Keep 'em coming. This widely neglected, yet remarkably simple, aspect of economic theory is going to define the UK for sometime, IMO.

It doesn't have to be a TLA; some two-word phrase like negative equity would suffice. Just has to be catchy/technical.

My suggestion is "non-depreciating debt", as in:

"Yeah, I was like totally screwed by NDD in the late noughties"

Call it NODD?

I was NODDIED.

LIDDO, low inflation, debt drags on.