House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
timmy_30

Mp3, The Us $, Hyper Inflation And A Global Hpc

Those HPC'ers who believe that UK Plc does not exist in it's own force field protected reality will find this article interesting and hopefully useful.

It also may help people to understand the significance of the US ceasing to compile the M3 measure of money supply.

More $ means in effect inflation, a devaluation of the $ and or higher IR rates. UK rates will have to rise in order to avoid inflation in the UK.

The housing 'asset' debt(?) bubble that has been created by loose monetary policy, an explosion in the use of Credit Derivatives and massive increase in the Mortgage Backed Security market ( read here white slave trade updated for the 21c ) cannot be sustained.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/Analysis/106...id=106&nid=3425

I fundamentally believe that the idea most British people have that the world economy cannot and will not affect them or UK house prices, and that external events are of no concern is similar to the "Hobbits of the Shire" in Tolkiens Lord of the Rings. :ph34r:

Those HPC'ers who believe that UK Plc does not exist in it's own force field protected reality will find this article interesting and hopefully useful.

It also may help people to understand the significance of the US ceasing to compile the M3 measure of money supply.

More $ means in effect inflation, a devaluation of the $ and or higher IR rates. UK rates will have to rise in order to avoid inflation in the UK.

The housing 'asset' debt(?) bubble that has been created by loose monetary policy, an explosion in the use of Credit Derivatives and massive increase in the Mortgage Backed Security market ( read here white slave trade updated for the 21c ) cannot be sustained.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/Analysis/106...id=106&nid=3425

I fundamentally believe that the idea most British people have that the world economy cannot and will not affect them or UK house prices, and that external events are of no concern is similar to the "Hobbits of the Shire" in Tolkiens Lord of the Rings. :ph34r:

Nice post. Thanks.

It's a funny old world though in alot of ways I wish I worked in a chip shop somehere and didn't now anything about economics, markets or banks. The more I learn the more worried I get. And I'm not the only one in the industry either.

Like the editor in MoneyWeek said in last weeks edition the fact that the $ didn't collapse in 2005 doesn't take away any of the reasons that it should have it just means it'll be worse when in eventually happens, this whole stupid decade long bubble has been like that, and people hold Greenspan up as being some kind of prophet.

As for Credit Derivatives and Mortgage Backed securities what a lethal cocktail those two are.

To be honest lately Iv'e been thinking of buying a large farmhouse in Italy, with 50 hectares or so some olive trees, orange grove, a vinyard enough to be self sufficient, buying a load of gold from Switzerland and hiding it, and just sitting it out.

Ironic that...... buying a house in Italy with some land........on a hpc site. Still I think that land and property are just fine, so long as you don't have to borrow to buy them.

It's a funny old world though in alot of ways I wish I worked in a chip shop somehere and didn't now anything about economics, markets or banks. The more I learn the more worried I get.

You're not wrong mate. I've been thinking that for the last few years. Ignorance is bliss.

Indeed, the US is in an almost unique position to export inflation, this is exactly what brought an end to Bretton Woods in the 70's, there are no physical constraints this time around.

It's a funny old world though in alot of ways I wish I worked in a chip shop somehere and didn't now anything about economics, markets or banks. The more I learn the more worried I get. And I'm not the only one in the industry either.

Like the editor in MoneyWeek said in last weeks edition the fact that the $ didn't collapse in 2005 doesn't take away any of the reasons that it should have it just means it'll be worse when in eventually happens, this whole stupid decade long bubble has been like that, and people hold Greenspan up as being some kind of prophet.

As for Credit Derivatives and Mortgage Backed securities what a lethal cocktail those two are.

To be honest lately Iv'e been thinking of buying a large farmhouse in Italy, with 50 hectares or so some olive trees, orange grove, a vinyard enough to be self sufficient, buying a load of gold from Switzerland and hiding it, and just sitting it out.

Ironic that...... buying a house in Italy with some land........on a hpc site. Still I think that land and property are just fine, so long as you don't have to borrow to buy them.

New Zealand a better bet. Small population relative to land. Nicely away from other countries if it all really goes wrong.

You could easily be self sufficient there.

Gold don't care where it lives either.