House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

Millionaire Homes Selling Well, Says Estate Agent

Sorry to disagree with the Guardian but in Hampstead at least (one of the areas mentioned) dozens of flats and houses in the £1m-1.5m range have been sitting unloved and unwanted on Primelocation often for between 6 months and 2 years-no offers, no sales, no change asking in price.

It all sounds like wishful thinking by Savills to me...

S.

Even if this were true, it's unlikely to reflect on the broader market. These are for the most part houses of a bespokish nature - usually too 'individual' to be able to reliably benchmark the prices - and are being bought by those whose wealth allows them to some extent to ignore any qualms about market price.

Never fear! Britains plucky investment bankers ( always ones with an eye for a bargain ) are flocking into the UK's over inflated property market "I was in like a ferret up a drainpipe, buy high, sell low" quipped one pin striped wonder :rolleyes:

If true would we not need to know who is buying such properties?

It may be foreign nationals buying just to have a base here for when they require to come for whatever reason.

The state of the UK market and price level may be of no concern in that instance.

Again could some be corporate purchases to provide accommodation for visitors, clients etc?

This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that city bankers are due for their bonus does it?

Or am I just being cynical?

This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that city bankers are due for their bonus does it?

Or am I just being cynical?

Its all me ****!!

Anyone who gets a massive bonus - works in the city and knows that the SMART money is in the stock market NOT property!!!

They would not be getting the bonus if they didnt know where to put the smart money - would they????

SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!

Its actually getting boring now isnt it?

Its all me ****!!

Anyone who gets a massive bonus - works in the city and knows that the SMART money is in the stock market NOT property!!!

They would not be getting the bonus if they didnt know where to put the smart money - would they????

SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!

Its actually getting boring now isnt it?

Precisely-who is just going to give away a £1m bonus just to satisfy some ludicrous seller's demand? Much better homes for it right now...

Guest Winners and Losers

Just my bit, but when prices went down in Australia it was true that homes at the higher end of the market AUD $1m plus were still selling. However, still selling does not mean going up in price.

Precisely-who is just going to give away a £1m bonus just to satisfy some ludicrous seller's demand? Much better homes for it right now...

Indeed. Once they've bought one home they're more likley to invest abroad at the moment.