House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pensive

Landlord Selling-just Been Given Notice

I feel really angry. For months we have complained about some black mould/damp and was promised two rooms would be redecorated and ventalation vents put in. On Monday we had a phone call that the house was going to be valued. 2 EA's arrived one being related to landlord. Today given 2 months notice to quit. They want the house empty to decorate it before selling. Aghhh.

Problem is we have so much stuff I can't be bothered to rent another place. We will just have to find something to buy. I just feel this has happened too soon.

Theres no real question here? And for me to give you any real advice I need to know the following:

- Date you moved in

- Date your rent is due each month

- The fixed term of your AST

- The date on the Section 21(notice to quit) that it says they need possession after

Edited by MrShed

Theres no real question here? And for me to give you any real advice I need to know the following:

- Date you moved in

- Date your rent is due each month

- The fixed term of your AST

- The date on the Section 21(notice to quit) that it says they need possession after

moved in May 04

rent due 1st each month

notice period formally commences 1 feb

reqired to vacate on or by 31 march

I think its all above board. Its just that we have been waiting for months for them to sort the damp out and now they are kicking us out and then going to do it.

Unfortunately, if you have no written agreement for a date for the said repair to be done, then they are perfectly entitled to do it. Sorry!

At first glance, the dates for the notice could be wrong though....if you wanted to push it. Would have to double check however.

moved in May 04

rent due 1st each month

notice period formally commences 1 feb

reqired to vacate on or by 31 march

I think its all above board. Its just that we have been waiting for months for them to sort the damp out and now they are kicking us out and then going to do it.

What is the start date of your agreement?

I got served notice a little while ago, yep two months to go at first very peeved as agent spoke to us before xmas about another 6 months when our current period ended in mid march, only to phone me after xmas to say the LL wanted to sell.

Though on looking around lots more properties on the market, we've found a place thats less rent lower band for council tax, so will recover our moving costs in no time.

I'd continue renting as their more places than ever where I live & you can more easily get the place for the price 'you' want to pay.

Edited by Live_in_hope