House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice

Is This Site Legal

It’s no joke guys

news.zdnet.com

Buried deep in the new law is Sec. 113, an innocuously titled bit called "Preventing Cyberstalking." It rewrites existing telephone harassment law to prohibit anyone from using the Internet "without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy."

Fight for your freedom or loose it as big brother starts to fight back to shut you all up and don’t complain that you didn’t hear about it on the BBC

Monitor

God that was fast

Whilst I except this was off topic I would have hoped you gave it a little more air time before you moved it here as it does effect all forums and it’s in the interest of the HPC site to resist these moves

"without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy."

I did disclose my identity to webmaster when I signed up (if I remember right). I know I gave my email, as everytime I get a PM, I get an email telling me it's there.

I don't intend to annoy, but I'm sure I do some people, sometimes.

Could the law be used to get rid of the shurb? He sure does annoy me. :D:P

Karen

I think the identity they are after will be your full name and date of birth with you national insurance number or your personal identification number tattooed across your forehead

In reality if you use a major ISP in the UK or the USA they already have a good chance of knowing who you are from your IP address and possible your MAC address if you use more then one ISP.

Bill Gates is part of the problem. Why do you think GW Bush loves him and Europe is turning against him.

'tis a US law. We UK citizens still have 4 or 5 years before the government compels us to turn up for cataloguing under the provisions of the Identity Cards Bill.

I'm off on a campaign of irritation and annoyance while it's still legal.... :ph34r: