House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lagos36

Wanted,time Machine To Take Me Back To 1996

Guest magnoliawalls

Might I recommend suspended animation until 2009-10 for a similar effect.

Barring massive immigration the demographic outlook is less promising :blink:

Wish I had shown more initiative when I was 15...

That's the problem with young people today, our generation really should have put more effort in after our 26hr shift down the mines.

You're right actually, but I think there will be another hump - just not as high as this one. After that the future is very blurred with nanotech, megadeath terrorism, utilisation of solar system resources, machine itelligences not requiring human houses to reproduce, etc. ad nauseum. :blink:

just the usual then :rolleyes:

I would BTL 10 houses and live happily ever after. :D

i don't know how much you earn but i do know that you wouldn't have got the "benefit" of the current relaxed (irresponsible) lending multiples you can get today.

i'm looking forward to living happily ever after with a gin and tonic "drip", rocking chair and conveniently placed ashtray. .

I would BTL 10 houses and live happily ever after. :D

And who would you actually convince to give you a Buy to let mortgage. Trust me, mortgages was not that easy to come by, especially when you had literally little to no equity on houses already owned. You would get some very strange looks walking into a bank and trying to convince them that you are good for the money, trust me I tried. :(

Now HPC being a public place, before long, when that new law is enacted, you'll have forgo that pleasure whilst "on the board".

:)

i love"nu" labour and all it's joy bringing policies. will i still be allowed to borrow 10 times my income and buy loads of btls? and can i employ paedophiles as PE teachers?

but i'm not allowed a ciggie with my gin, so that's ok then. great country.

And who would you actually convince to give you a Buy to let mortgage. Trust me, mortgages was not that easy to come by, especially when you had literally little to no equity on houses already owned. You would get some very strange looks walking into a bank and trying to convince them that you are good for the money, trust me I tried. :(

Absolutely correct, they wouldn't dream of lending out money like they do now. Thing is in a lot of cases it isn't their money/risk - they have sold it all off on raft of spin, false promises and lies. This will be the cause of the biggest misselling scandal in UK financial history.

Edited by OnlyMe

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Absolutely correct, they wouldn't dream of lending out money like they do now. Thing is in a lot of cases it isn't their money/risk - they have sold it all off on raft of spin, false promises and lies. This will be the cause of the biggest misselling scandal in UK financial history.

I believe 1996 was around the time the American lenders arrived with very deep pockets and a loose lending policy. The home based lenders saw their market share fall dramatically, panicked, and joined the bandwaggon. The rest is history. :(

I believe 1996 was around the time the American lenders arrived with very deep pockets and a loose lending policy. The home based lenders saw their market share fall dramatically, panicked, and joined the bandwaggon. The rest is history. :(

And one of the chaps that started it all is leaving HBOS at the grand old age of 49, he joined in 1999 and is now doing a runner, it seems he's quite able to define a economic cycle even if Gordaq can't. Apparently he has no intention to work in banking again, but he's really going out in style.

i love"nu" labour and all it's joy bringing policies. will i still be allowed to borrow 10 times my income and buy loads of btls? and can i employ paedophiles as PE teachers?

but i'm not allowed a ciggie with my gin, so that's ok then. great country.

Small cigars for me.

:)

And one of the chaps that started it all is leaving HBOS at the grand old age of 49, he joined in 1999 and is now doing a runner, it seems he's quite able to define a economic cycle even if Gordaq can't. Apparently he has no intention to work in banking again, but he's really going out in style.

The most interesting bon voyage of recent times was the former boss of B&B, Christopher Rodrigues who left these shores for the nice safe environment of heading up a credit/debit card company, VISA. He was hugely accredited for creating B&Bs very aggresive BTL arm. He left in March 2004 <_< Oh he knew alright ;) About the same time Michael Grade was given a golden handshake of 12mil for doing nothing in particular

Edited by Converted Lurker

The most interesting bon voyage of recent times was the former boss of B&B, Christopher Rodrigues who left these shores for the nice safe environment of heading up a credit/debit card company, VISA. He was hugely accredited for creating B&Bs very aggresive BTL arm. He left in March 2004 <_< Oh he knew alright ;) About the same time Michael Grade was given a golden handshake of 12mil for doing nothing in particular

Yup, they're jumping ship faster than Toll Brothers insiders are dumping shares like no tomorrow.

I think you[/] we just need to make sure that when we are 40 we dont have cause to say that we wish we shown more initiative in our late 20's - 30's

You have a time - machine available right now.

It takes the guise of an Easyjet flight to Berlin.

Berlin now is Manchester or Dublin 1995. Enjoy the ride.