House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

1/3 Of 16-21 Year Olds Want To Live In Their Own Home

And sod this country!

http://www.mortgageintroducer.com/news/new...p?unqueid=15873

UCB study into young people's attitudes reveals desire to move abroad

UCB Home Loans estimates that a reasonable proportion of the 32% who would like to live abroad will actually achieve their dream. Figures from the Office of National Statistics show that 208,000 British people moved abroad in 2004 alone – the latest year for which figures are available.

yeah...back in 1979 when i was 17, i didn't want to live with my mum and dad either, and i got the distinct impression they would rather not have lived with me at times. ...

strangely enough i couldn't afford to do anything but live at home nor could any of my mates. in fact the most we could afford was a couple of halves of lager and lime on saturday night if we were lucky. and if i had to stay in i could play the state af the art video game "pong".

i know you are not suggesting that 17 year old's should have the purchasing power to own their own property but at what age do you think that should be a reasonable option?

i know you are not suggesting that 17 year old's should have the purchasing power to own their own property but at what age do you think that should be a reasonable option?

how about 30? Is that reasonable?

I don't know if 16-21 year olds should be worried about buying a house?!?

I was too busy partying etc, to even think about buying a house.

Edited by Karen

ellenmyfanwy,

Well, the poll suggests 27 is the age of expetancy and err the actual age being more like 34 so bio clocks set for emigrate. :lol:

that's really awful , ...is that the main reason why you want to emigrate (if you do)?...if it is then this government has really lost the plot if intelligent people have to leave the country in order to bring up families.

do you think a hpc has started? would you stay if it has?

fwiw i think we will see large price drops....i've lived thru two hpcs and this looks worse than the others.

trangely enough i couldn't afford to do anything but live at home nor could any of my mates. in fact the most we could afford was a couple of halves of lager and lime on saturday night if we were lucky. and if i had to stay in i could play the state af the art video game "pong".

you think thats bad ?

when i was at home my only respite from contant nagging was to nip outto the local taxi rank and play donkey kong or scramble. even today the games are a nostalgic past reminder. other games to come and go in the rank were frogger. galaxian and my favourite at the time. defender. the sounds bring it all back.

it all ended when stan wilson, one of the releif drivers touched my friends knee in a rather unorthodaox manner while showing him how to get onto the next level of tron.

you think thats bad ?

when i was at home my only respite from contant nagging was to nip outto the local taxi rank and play donkey kong or scramble. even today the games are a nostalgic past reminder. other games to come and go in the rank were frogger. galaxian and my favourite at the time. defender. the sounds bring it all back.

it all ended when stan wilson, one of the releif drivers touched my friends knee in a rather unorthodaox manner while showing him how to get onto the next level of tron.

taxi ranking was a well respected game in those days...what are you moaning about. bet you made enough to buy rum and blacks, or even vodka and lime you lucky git.

that's really awful , ...is that the main reason why you want to emigrate (if you do)?...if it is then this government has really lost the plot if intelligent people have to leave the country in order to bring up families.

fwiw i think we will see large price drops....i've lived thru two hpcs and this looks worse than the others.

Look at the birth rate, QED.

Having Children is a really bad investment.

The capital outlay of a child is reckoned to be around 10,500 pa, the depreciation of a child cannot be written off against profits and when they mature the expenditure increases.

I would advise you all invest in the Stock Market and forget about Bum and Bust, its just not worth it.

I'm leaving my home town the first opportunity I get and it IS because of the price of houses. My folks have tried to "help" me into a house but they paid $120k (aus) on a $75k wage ($50k + $25k) the house is now worth $350k but the average wage is still $50k and my missus and I want kids.

No - I won't stay if HPC happens. Houses have been converted in my home town into Mac Mansions. No yards for kids or dogs. I'd rather enjoy looking at a place and asking where the yard is then say I'd have to pull it all down to rebuild what was there originally. You know. Where I grew up. House, yard, dog and three kids with Mum (or dad :P ) home after school. Apparently that is to much to ask in my home town. They can have it. They win. Shame the prize is a poison cocktail of high immigration of people whom owe no allegience to anyone but themselves. Kinda fitting really when you think about it.