House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Reuters Spin Insanity And Cut Or Bust -

Government shoneens of the day?

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp...&folderPk=75885

The TUC, T&G, etc., seem to have been busier than ever before pushing for a rate cut this month - b*******

Spin of the Day - Reuters?

http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/newsAr...USEBUILDERS.xml

Other builders including Balfour Beatty and Bovis Homes also sounded upbeat on Wednesday, adding to the positive mood created by recent updates from rivals such as Redrow and Galliford Try.??????

I thought Redrow's results were pretty dire!??? or am I confusing them with some other company?

Smiling into the abyss - interesting article about US dollar

http://business.guardian.co.uk/economicdis....html?gusrc=rss

Edited by gruffydd

Other builders including Balfour Beatty and Bovis Homes also sounded upbeat on Wednesday, adding to the positive mood created by recent updates from rivals such as Redrow and Galliford" - Reuters

"This week Redrow said aspirational pricing by estate agents was contributing to what Neil Fitzsimmons, its chief executive, said was the worst market for new and secondhand homes for 30 years. Property transactions in the year to November were 13 per cent lower than the previous 12 months, according to official statistics" - FT

Oh I see, that's Redrow creating a "positive mood" :ph34r: - the Reuters journo must be a bear then ;)

Edited by gruffydd

Would have to be the building unions. Any white collar union with half a brain will have economists who know better.

I'm not so sure. I know that Unison (public sector union) are forever bombarding their members with loan and credit card offers via Britannia Building Soc. Presumably they (the union) get something out of this arrangement, and thus would have an interest in seeing the current credit splurge continue?

I'm not so sure. I know that Unison (public sector union) are forever bombarding their members with loan and credit card offers via Britannia Building Soc. Presumably they (the union) get something out of this arrangement, and thus would have an interest in seeing the current credit splurge continue?

Im in UNISON and I got some literature re finance offers when I joined but none since then.

They must get some financial benefit from this however it doesnt mean they are encouraging people into

debt as they provide debt advice and support.

UNISON Welfare

Im in UNISON and I got some literature re finance offers when I joined but none since then.

They must get some financial benefit from this however it doesnt mean they are encouraging people into

debt as they provide debt advice and support.

UNISON Welfare

I'm in UNISON also and I was pretty much deluged with the stuff. I had to specifically request them to stop and even then they took their time about it.

The South West economy faces difficulties in 2006 unless interest rates are cut, the TUC warned yesterday. Its report, Cut or Bust, claims the threat of lower growth and higher jobless figures could lead to 80,000 manufacturing job cuts nationwide.

The economy must be in a pretty bad shape if 80,000 jobs are reliant on a cut in historicaly

low interest rates. Its no longer a case of rising interest rates causing problems but holding

them at a low rate is no longer enough.