House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

My Seller Pulls Out On Me!

My ba**ard seller has left a voice mail with the agent late this afternoon telling them they're pulling out of the sale of their house to me.

They were going to rent once they'd sold. So have they changed their view on the housing market?

Anyway I asked the agent if I could respond in the morning & he can play dumb & wait to talk to them about it tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll search the net for something more suitable, if there's anything in SW11 that will work for me.

What do you lot think then?

FYI, a detail which I've kept to myself until now, the house is 6 bedrooms (although not advertised as a 6 bedder by the agent) and the agreed price 590k.

My ba**ard seller has left a voice mail with the agent late this afternoon telling them they're pulling out of the sale of their house to me.

They were going to rent once they'd sold. So have they changed their view on the housing market?

Anyway I asked the agent if I could respond in the morning & he can play dumb & wait to talk to them about it tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll search the net for something more suitable, if there's anything in SW11 that will work for me.

FYI, a detail which I've kept to myself until now, the house is 6 bedrooms (although not advertised as a 6 bedder by the agent) and the agreed price 590k.

A blessing in disguise TTRTT. Somebody up there must like you <_<

Put the proceeds into equities instead, assuming you're a real man instead of one of those with borrowed monopoly money :D

Perhaps you've been gazumped. Why not try a higher offer? You can afford it right?

That was a real suggestion, but I'm not prepared to offer more.

The sale is sole agency and they would say so if I'd been gazumped.

But to raise an important point, by not selling to me, the vendor is effectively buying their own house since they were going to STR, but decided to stay long if you know what I mean.

Bast@rds!!!!!!

:angry:

Come on people, I need real suggestions!!!!

Suggestions? Go round and threaten his children?

On a more serious note, maybe he thinks there is some city bonus money around to bid more than you. No doubt you drove a hard bargain, so he is bound to feel somewhat peeved. In fact he probably thinks you are a gouging scumbag.

SW11 is prime banker territory, and a 5/6 bed house is exactly what the nouveau-riche young family man about town would be looking for to start a family in.

Unlucky mate, if its not the seller pulling out its the buyer, sales just dont seem to want to go through properly.

You best bet it to find out the details of why they have pulled out, the real reason, then decide what to do from there. Hope you havnt wasted to much/any cash/time on it. :(

That was a real suggestion, but I'm not prepared to offer more.

The sale is sole agency and they would say so if I'd been gazumped.

But to raise an important point, by not selling to me, the vendor is effectively buying their own house since they were going to STR, but decided to stay long if you know what I mean.

Bast@rds!!!!!!

:angry:

I just thought that if you're a bull you should act like one. Pay the money and get on with it.

Why are you asking us bears or is it just a roundabout way of trying to suggest something? Duh!

Offer £700k, become a gangmaster and mafioso, import 60 poles and hotbed them into the six bedrooms, beat them into submission with "In Soviet Russia Property Owns YOU!" style jokes, feed them on 9p baked beans and run the whole shop.

And twiddle your nipples with delight when you see the return on capital, as you've always said "I just offer a service".

mmmm.....(thinking cap comes on)

have you considered hanging around the 'gay' docks at night in a makeshift sailors uniform.? (hms ****)

tried becoming a shoe party organiser ?

infiltrate a chimp colony, aiming to be leader of the pack within 5 short months ?

What rental income were you expecting from it....or is it to live in.

His standard is £130 p/w per room, so that's £40,560 a year.

Cost of £590k, stamp (a whopping 4%) is £23,600, other costs £3k maybe? Total = £617k

Gross yield = 6.57% before maintenance, insurance, voids (although he doesn't get any apparently!).

Wouldn't you just prefer a guaranateed bond at about 5.5% TTRTR?

All that hassle and risk for a measly 1%?

Surely that must tell you something?

My advice. Phone them back tomorrow and try to establish why it fell through. If it's about money, offer them 20k more and say that's your final offer. If they won't accept, walk away. Conceding anything else puts them in a stronger position. If it was priced at the correct market value then there should be other properties around at the same/similar price.

His standard is £130 p/w per room, so that's £40,560 a year.

Cost of £590k, stamp (a whopping 4%) is £23,600, other costs £3k maybe? Total = £617k

Gross yield = 6.57% before maintenance, insurance, voids (although he doesn't get any apparently!).

Wouldn't you just prefer a guaranateed bond at about 5.5% TTRTR?

All that hassle and risk for a measly 1%?

hmmm, also of importance is funding...what would be the LTV here? or all upfront?

Guest Bart of Darkness

mmmm.....(thinking cap comes on)

have you considered hanging around the 'gay' docks at night in a makeshift sailors uniform.? (hms ****)

tried becoming a shoe party organiser ?

infiltrate a chimp colony, aiming to be leader of the pack within 5 short months ?

:lol: Love it Fred.

So TTRTR doesn't like it when they pull out at the last minute eh?

Yes, the psychology, he "believes in property", even if that means using existing properties in the portfolio to bankroll new purchases, not buying new places will invalidate his preexisting beliefs.

Bertram Russell would be pleased.