House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fudge

Deja Vu

Just finished looking through the local paper on property night.

Loads of new properties for sale

Loads of new properties to rent

Loads of reduced prices

Loads of new prices

Loads of reduced rent

New houses 100% part exchange

1/2 inch thick property section

Takes me back a bit ............ to around 1990!

Loads of reduced prices

Loads of new prices

Loads of reduced rent

all at double the price they should be...

what is it with sellers and this notion that the next person 24 months later is going to pay you DOUBLE its real value ? i wish they would hurry up and settle back to reality asap. its become tiresome.

Just finished looking through the local paper on property night.

Loads of reduced prices

Loads of new prices

Loads of reduced rent

Takes me back a bit ............ to around 1990!

Which area are you in? I have been tracking Rightmove for 6 months now and still the same old houses and same old prices - no movement at the lower end at all. I'm waiting to see a load of cheap 3-bed houses advertised for under £130k throughout Dorset but nothing yet!

Just load of crap properties. Prices look about right if you subtract £100k from the advertised price!!

Seeing lots of reduced in my local South West paper too. Still hugely overpriced though for what they are, especially some of the 2 bed terrace/semis!!

What an appropriate thread title, perhaps not in the way you intended though. I dont know whats true and whats not anymore. Spin vs Counterspin.

*yawns*

Im feeling weak and confused with all this. Im upping sticks to withington/west dids, for a cheap little one bed pad. Sign up for a 12 month contract in return for lower rentals. GF in tow, comfortable pants, box full of 'old shag' and some somerfields 'own brand' wine.

Edited by bob monkhouse

Which area are you in? I have been tracking Rightmove for 6 months now and still the same old houses and same old prices - no movement at the lower end at all. I'm waiting to see a load of cheap 3-bed houses advertised for under £130k throughout Dorset but nothing yet!

Just load of crap properties. Prices look about right if you subtract £100k from the advertised price!!

Im in Northamptonshire.

The properties on Rightmove have not changed at all from last year, but the local paper tells a very

different story.

There is also a very bearish article by Jeremy Gates from Savills that I cant see on their website or anywhere

on the web after a quick search.

House sales could hit a 30 year low

Lack of first-time buyers blamed

The volume of sales in 2006 could hit a 30 year low, says a leading London and national estate agency.

A major factor in the shrinking of the market is the growing inability of young people to become home owners.

According to the latest residential research bulletin from agents Savills, first time buyers account for barely 30%

of house purchases today - compared with about 50% in the 1980s and early 1990s. The average age of first time buyers has risen to 34, compared with about 30 in the mid 1980s.

" It is likely to continue, facilitated by expansion of quality accommodation in the private rented sector".

Savills reckons national house prices growth at 3% in 2006 will mean prpoerty prices merely track inflation in many parts.

If correct, this prediction suggests investors with spare cash are likely to regard commercial property, which offers better and steadier income prospects than the residential sector, and possibly the stock market as more attractive medium term investments capable of delivering both capital growth and income.

It goes on

5% homes will change hands during 2006, a 30 year low

considerable implications for the wider economy

home inspection packs will reduce market turnover even more in 2007

doesnt have to be a housing crash because interest rates are low and little sign of a debt trigger

although there has been a high increse in repossesions, numbers are low

top end of market to show best performance

recent high growth markets like in the North and Wales could see price falls as high as 5%

migration from town to country an increasing phenomenon

property hotspots around the country like South West England, Sevenoaks A3 corridor areas close to Oxford and Bath continue to flourish.

There is also a very bearish article by Jeremy Ga tes from Savills that I cant see on their website or anywhere

on the web after a quick search.

Most likely based on their recent 'UK Residential Research Bulletin':

http://www.savills.com/research/content.as...arch%5C6684.htm

We are not expecting average UK house prices to rise in 2006, but anticipate growth in line with incomes within three years. Within this average we expect significant regional variation in 2006, ranging from 3% price growth in London and the South East to price falls of 4 to 5% in the most recently high growth markets of England and Wales.
e

According to the latest residential research bulletin from agents Savills, first time buyers account for barely 30%

of house purchases today - compared with about 50% in the 1980s and early 1990s.

Is that correct? I thought the FTB % was now below 10%. :unsure: