House Price Crash Forum

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/video/disp....926985.0.0.php

Yob behaviour drives residents to the edge

baddesley044.282693.full.jpg

We have a huge problem with antisocial behaviour in the village' Cllr Steve Cosier (pictured above)

VILLAGERS are threatening to form a vigilante group to deal with a gang of yobs who went on a trail of destruction through their Hamp-shire community.

Angry residents are considering taking the law into their own hands to drive the vandals out. They want to go on patrol armed with golf clubs in a bid to scare off the teenagers, whose latest attack damaged three cars, burnt out a van, uprooted a bus stop and smashed up three garages.

Thought you might find this interesting....

Romsey

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one. I'd by beating up the bank manager if I had a detached in Romsey.

Here is the link for Southampton SO16

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...mp;endyear=2006

Looks like a lot of "luxury apartments" are stuck up the developers ar$e and still they build more!

Telephone house

70 odd apartments (flats) 23 parking spaces, mind you at those prices running a car is an uneccasary expense.

Some good news

There are two new entries for charter house

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...22185&st=30

See post 35

The last 5 most recent resells - 4 have lost money

I think the new builds that have sprung up like telephone house are dragging prices down?

E.g. 2 bed new apartment at telephone house is £180K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-779...=1&tr_t=buy

Anyone paying like £245K at charter house is now looking a bit expensive

Edited by notanewmember
  • 2 weeks later...

Eastleigh Borough Council were described as dismayed on the radio because the secretary of state has granted planning permission against thier wishes. The land in Hedge End is adjacent to Wildern Mill. The build is for 184 flats; I would only just agree that this land is in Hedge End because its on our side of the motorway, I think it is anyway!.

Unconfirmed Rumour.Sign at the times at the council:- I've been told they have returned many of thier lease lorry's and are using thier old ones that have been in storage. This is obviously a cost saving exercise but it raises a question, why did they lease new trucks when thier own were usable, why did they store the old trucks when they should have been sold.

Edited by deano

Eastleigh Borough Council were described as dismayed on the radio because the secretary of state has granted planning permission against thier wishes. The land in Hedge End is adjacent to Wildern Mill. The build is for 184 flats; I would only just agree that this land is in Hedge End because its on our side of the motorway, I think it is anyway!.

Unconfirmed Rumour.Sign at the times at the council:- I've been told they have returned many of thier lease lorry's and are using thier old ones that have been in storage. This is obviously a cost saving exercise but it raises a question, why did they lease new trucks when thier own were usable, why did they store the old trucks when they should have been sold.

Wakey wakey Deano, they did'nt need new plant but the nice man from the lease company takes them on a fact finding mission to bali for a week and hey presto the good citizens of Eastleigh have shiny new council wagons, have you seen those new highways agency "officers" cruising the M27? they turn up to deal with breakdowns, cone off an area large enough to land 747 jumbo jet in then stand there on the grass verge looking gormless with the the motorist until some real and usefull help arrives, i can hear it now " hello there i'm a 35k a year civil servant in a 50k Range Rover can i pwease put 4000 of my nice shiney new cones around your car and play "i spy" with you for half an hour? there was one on the M27 east bound between junc 1 and 2 three or four weeks ago with an RAC wagon behind it (no cones) changing a flat tyre for them, we are all having the pi$$ taken out of us. kind of reminds me of the St Johns ambulance at a motorcross meet offering somone with a broken leg a hot cup of tea and a fleece blanket.

Beat that for a waste of money.

Edited by bubbleburster

lib dem comment here

Somewhere to house the Poles, I suppose!

btp

• 2 weeks later...

October 23rd 2006.

John Denham is in the Daily Mail today page 31, John is a former Southampton Labour Minister and is now Chair of Westministers home affairs committee.

Quote.

'The wages of some British workers have dropped by half since the country was flooded with cheap European labour, a senior MP warned yesterday.'

'Some 14,000 have headed to Mr Denhams Southampton constituency, where they form a tenth of the working population'

End Quote.

As we know 80% are on the minimum wage and 20% are on less than the minimum wage even though its illegal.

• 2 weeks later...

LOT 78.

Link.

http://www.propwld.co.uk/auction/pdfs/agen...on/Lot%2058.PDF

This property sold for £107,000 on a guide price of £110,000. This property was purchased at the same auction for £78,000 about 18 months ago. Buying costs would have been around £2.5K. The chap must have spent at least £20,000 on it and selling costs are 10% of sale price, £10,700.

I'll work it out for you. 107-10.7=96.3 It cost 78+2.5+20 easy=100500.

It just seems like a lot of work for a loss of around £4000.

Auction results are out.

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/assets/libr...ppr_q3_2006.pdf

Link above is for the latest Q3 land registry report. It shows average prices going up all over the city but it surprisingly shows that the cost of detached homes has slumped.

I think the 'upmystreet' figures will be more usefull when assesing the Flat/Apartment situation. They will be available in a couple of weeks.

It's surprising how quickly some of these newbuild places can run down and become very unattractive places to live

Entrance to the most recently sold flats

entrancecc6.png

Inside the main entrance arch

grandfacadeqw3.png

For Sale by Owner (in nicer bit)

fsbolk5.png

Clamp Notice (in first pic, and almost everywhere else)

clampnoticeoz3.png

Land Registry Jul-Sep prices – flats in SO15 2

2002 £127,036

2003 £152,006

2004 £159,023

2005 £162,575

2006 £150,423

Edited by spline