House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Kirsty Trying To Sell Flat To Buy House

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/11012006/344/baby-j...-presenter.html

Location Location Location star Kirstie Allsopp is expecting her first baby.
The 33-year-old presenter is three months pregnant by property tycoon boyfriend Ben Andersen.
Allsopp said she was thrilled at the news, telling the Daily Mail: "My mother had to be peeled off the ceiling, she was so ecstatic at the thought of her first grandchild."
The baby is due in July.
The couple have no plans to marry.
Mr Andersen already has two sons from a previous marriage, but this will be Allsopp's first baby.
She is suffering from morning sickness. She said: "I have had my head in the loo for six weeks. But apart from cereal and Philadelphia cheese on toast, no real cravings."
And the pregnancy means Allsopp must do some house-hunting of her own -
she is selling her west London flat and moving somewhere bigger.
"It's sad. I've had my own place since I was 21, but it has only one bedroom so it won't do," she said.

Why doesn't she STR? :lol:

cos her 'property tycoon' boyfriend is probably loaded. No wonder she b*tches about people

talking about a crash - major vested interest or what!!! :blink:

She is suffering from morning sickness. She said: "I have had my head in the loo for six weeks".

A confirmation from the good lady herself that she talks out of her ars3.

Edited by BubbleTurbo

If she's such a property genius, how come she's only living in a one-bed flat after all these years?

because she was a single girl and doesnt need anything else...

However it does go to show she knows nothing about moving house, and only knows about 'development' from her boyfriend

Sounds like she is going to make an even bigger financial mistake than the bairs...

Edited by moosetea

Good grief. I had been under the impression she was not that kind of girl, inclination-wise.

Ahem...

Just shows you can't trust internet rumours! :)

I would put money on the fact that her 1 bed flat was bought for her by mama and papa, and what with the BF helping to get her new place, I doubt she has ever actually purchased a property (for herself) in her life!

Edited by Londoner

If she's such a property genius, how come she's only living in a one-bed flat after all these years?

Probably she does not believe "what she was talking about" or is she a property bear ?

if the babyfather really is minted then this demonstrates that money most certainly does not buy taste, or class.

I just hope for the baby's sake that

(1) The father's blindness was caused by an accident and is not hereditary

(2) That they are rich enough to get a nanny / send 'em to boarding school... you really wouldn't want to be brought up by Krusty would you?

FF

And the pregnancy means Allsopp must do some house-hunting of her own - she is selling her west London flat and moving somewhere bigger.

"It's sad. I've had my own place since I was 21, but it has only one bedroom so it won't do," she said. [/indent]

Hasn't exactly achieved much herself then in the property market. In a 1-bed flat for the last 12 years?! Didn't someone say her company has disappeared into oblivion?

Here's a great article for those of you who love to hate her:

Kirstie Interview

Some choice quotes:

"I was the weird one at school"

"She was pure rah"

"Out of some children's heads spring these social antennae, with state-of-the-art bells and whistles. Well, one of my social antennae was deformed, and the other was stunted. I grew them. But it was a struggle"

From her maths teacher: "'It's such a pity Kirstie won't pass her GCSE because she really has worked hard"

"Kirstie's dad is Lord Hindlip, the former chairman of Christie's"

"At school, she had never turned up for any of her careers advice sessions. What was the point? She was going to leave school at 16 and get married, and 'everyone knew that. I really didn't need a career.'"

".......bought a flat with parental assistance"

quite a lot testosterone in evidence on this thread but not much brain matter :rolleyes:

(how the long winter evenings must just fly by)

Well, I'll certainly be sporting a woody if Kirstie's flat remains unsold after 20 weeks on the market...

I've got a semi just thinking about it..... :lol:

I've just read that interview and have 2 comments to make...

(1) She sounds like just the sort of person she comes across as on TV, a useless pain in the backside who would drive me up the wall in 2 seconds if we ever met.

(2) I do appreciate that different people have different skills, but investment advice from someone who couldn't pass GCSE Maths. FFS. How the hell is she supposed to understand the affects of IR rises, or real rather than nominal growth?

"Kirstie's dad is Lord Hindlip, the former chairman of Christie's"

Well you all say how fraudulent the Phill and Kirsty show is . . . . .

Krusty's parents, the Hindlips, were working & rubbing shoulders with upper-crust shysters in one of the most fraudulant cases uncovered in the late 20th Century!!

Book - The ART of the STEAL details the Christie's / Sotheby's price-fixing scandal that rocked the art world (and defrauded clients out of Millions of Dollars) several years ago (19??-2000).

"More serious allegations followed soon after, when the lawyers interviewed Lord Hinlip, who in 1996 had succeeded Tennant as Christie's chairman. At the time, Hindlip had brushed them aside, asking, "Do you know who I am?" (He is the sixth Baron Hindlip of Hindlip, an Eton-educated former Coldstream Guard.)"

A vivid description of the eternal battle between old and new (money) and the rise and fall of some of the upstarts. A good example of what will happen if first generation money is allowed to take over a respectable business and to defile it with their greed and love of display. After all: it takes three generations to become a gentleman...

Special attention for the comments of Lord and Lady Hindlip.

Edited by erranta

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/11012006/344/baby-j...-presenter.html

Location Location Location star Kirstie Allsopp is expecting her first baby.
The 33-year-old presenter is three months pregnant by property tycoon boyfriend Ben Andersen.
And the pregnancy means Allsopp must do some house-hunting of her own -
she is selling her west London flat and moving somewhere bigger.
"It's sad. I've had my own place since I was 21, but it has only one bedroom so it won't do," she said.

OK so she is 33 now b/day 1972/73,bought at 21.....1993/94

...means the silly tart has not experienced a full-blown downturn yet...and at 18 or so studying for a-levels would have very little knowledge of her parents experience of it.

....and now she wants to buy a bigger house when prices are falling.

...she's bloody clueless!!!!!...oh well......what goes around comes around.

And the pregnancy means Allsopp must do some house-hunting of her own - she is selling her west London flat and moving somewhere bigger.

"It's sad. I've had my own place since I was 21, but it has only one bedroom so it won't do," she said. [/indent]

What does she mean? "It just won't do?" Why doesn't she keep the baby in the bedroom like the rest of Britain is suppose to if they didn't buy a house in 1995.