House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bobble

Bbc Debt Test

The BBC have just added a Debt Tester to the frontpage of their news site.

The answers were surprisingly pessimistic, I rent a property so the only debt potential I have at the moment is a credit card that I rarely use and pay in full when the due date comes.

Your answers suggest that your debts might be about to cause some problems or they might be doing so already.

Make time to review your current borrowing and try to avoid taking on any new debts at the moment.

If you are struggling already, don't panic but do take action now.

They used the words "Panic", "Problems" and "Debt" all in one paragraph. Maybe things are finally changing and the VIs grip over our supposedly neutral broadcasting service is weakening?

After all if they are instructing me to watch out and all I have is a CC, I wonder what it is advising for average joe with half his wage going on a mortgage.

Try it out.. :lol:

Debt Test

The BBC have just added a Debt Tester to the frontpage of their news site.

The answers were surprisingly pessimistic, I rent a property so the only debt potential I have at the moment is a credit card that I rarely use and pay in full when the due date comes.

They used the words "Panic", "Problems" and "Debt" all in one paragraph. Maybe things are finally changing and the VIs grip over our supposedly neutral broadcasting service is weakening?

After all if they are instructing me to watch out and all I have is a CC, I wonder what it is advising for average joe with half his wage going on a mortgage.

Try it out.. :lol:

Debt Test

SNAP I had exactly the same result. I don't have a credit card (refuse on principle to own one) have £0 debt how might my debts might be about to cause some problems or they might be doing so already?

Good grief :rolleyes: :angry:

I can't help but wonder what happens to all the free data that they gather? Does someone analyse it? Does the BBC sell it?

They ought to have a statement about what happens to it or that it's deleted after your 'assessment'.

I can't help but wonder what happens to all the free data that they gather? Does someone analyse it? Does the BBC sell it?

They ought to have a statement about what happens to it or that it's deleted after your 'assessment'.

Good point - quick, let's fill it in with some horror stories!

btp

that site is broken.

i said i lived with my folks, have no credit cards, no borrowing and save over 1000 pounds a month.

it says my debt may be a problem to me???? what a joke. programmed by an indian or a student i reckon else there to harvest information easily.