House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
undersupply

New Build Rip-off

A mate of mine has just rang me up to say that the off-plan flat he bought 2 years ago on the basis of it being 710 sq ft is now only 680sq ft and of course they want the same money.The funny thing is they asked him for another £1600 extra last year as they claimed they were going to make it 715sq ft.He didn't give them it needless to say.

I told him i would post the story here.

Is there anything he can do seeing as completion is at end of this month ?

Your dissections are welcome.

:lol:

A mate of mine has just rang me up to say that the off-plan flat he bought 2 years ago on the basis of it being 710 sq ft is now only 680sq ft and of course they want the same money.The funny thing is they asked him for another £1600 extra last year as they claimed they were going to make it 715sq ft.He didn't give them it needless to say.

I told him i would post the story here.

Is there anything he can do seeing as completion is at end of this month ?

Sue them for breach of contract? I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, 2 years ago was the height of the boom.

Don't let him drop a booboo.

try to get out on the back of a breach of contract.

I think he wants it, but doesn't want to pay the same money for less flat, if you know what I mean.

He would take a discount.

Anyone know the score with this?

Any lawyers amongst us?

THERE IS a thread about this issue on S-Pig.

Link: http://www.singingpig.co.uk/forums/94673/ShowPost.aspx

I think he should be able to negotiate alower price, with a discount AT LEAST equal to the percentage of SF that he has lost. It is already a small flat IMO.

Cheers Doc,

Will pass this on.

Interesting how the developers "remeasured" it and found it to be the correct measurement.

Like our old physics teacher used to tell us "you can't measure anything without changing it"

The difference was 3% in that case, in my mates its a whopping 5% :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Wonder whether they'll try that line.