House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Year End Brings Heavy Dose Of Realism

"All confidence measures see falls" - but

"Consumers' House Price Forecast showing that consumers expect house prices to rise"

I'm sure we will get lots of spin in tomorrows media, but read it here first!

Shush, keep it down, this shouldn't be realised until midnight!

Edited by Jason

Thanks Jason. Will you stilll have a job in the morning?

I hope so.

So, from the above article what do you think tomorrows headlines will be? Especially the BBCs???

Got any suggestions?

Wait till you see the consumer confidence figures when people finally wake up and realise they have been conned by the "low inflation" economy and realise they haven't got any money left month after month having just paid the bills. It will break every record, not just one or two.

"House Prices to Rise by 7% in 2006: FTB should get on the ladder before they miss the boat, again"

A boat goes out every day. However the fleet seems to be getting smaller, rustier, less well propelled, poorly crewed and lacking in basic safety equipment.

It now resembles a raft, of the sort Vietnamese boat people would use to make it to the promised land. If the small probability that it reaches its destination comes to fruition the occupants will feel that it was worth it.

But that is scant comfort to the souls of the vast majority who will be dashed upon the rocks or capsized in a storm.

ALL ABOARD!!

p4238rms.jpg

Stuart Bernau, Nationwide’s executive director, said:

“The gloomy view among consumers is perhaps not surprising given that over the last 12 months GDP has

almost halved, it also suggests that as we approached the year end people may have re-appraised their situation

and become more realistic about the future.

GDP almost halved? Surely you mean GDP growth, Stu?

I hope so.

So, from the above article what do you think tomorrows headlines will be? Especially the BBCs???

Got any suggestions?

I'm not very good at making up headlines but maybe "Growing confidence in housing market" or "Optimism in housing market rises", something like that.

I will be watching to see whether the following paragraph is cut out and pasted into a BBC article in the next few days:

"Peoples’ optimism about house prices has continued to improve steadily throughout this year with the

Consumers’ House Price Forecast showing that consumers expect house prices to rise 3.2% in the next six

months – this is the biggest rise seen since Nationwide began measuring consumers’ expectations of house prices in January 2005."

Call me a cynic but we shall see what happens.

And nicely spun it is by the BBC/Government to sound like good news for the economy:

"Overall confidence is also well above the low point seen in the autumn."

The Bible says that in the last days good will be bad and bad will be good. Sounds like the BBC/Government are working hard to obey Scripture doesn't it?

:blink:

http://www.devilducky.com/media/26599

Edited by Realistbear