House Price Crash Forum

Could A Bank Collapse Because Of Bird Flu?

JBFTB

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

The government did tell companies to be prepared for disasters following Buncefield.

Expecting huge numbers of sick staff if the bird flu mutates to go human to human is right though.

It'll be the huge problems the world will have with lack of morgue space that'll be the problem.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Plagues are natural and we are well overdue one as to many people live so close together and it’s only antibiotics that have protected us so far !

Trouble is antibiotics are loosing the fight as viruses mutate and become immune to treatment. Two people a week now die in the UK from TB

The whole of the western financial system is on a knife edge with so much debt and gambling that it will only take a small emergency to tip it over the edge.

Did you know that people gamble on shares they don’t own and so making the shares over subscribed and not only that they use borrowed money ?

GM is turning over much more money via it’s complicated financial dealing than it uses in producing cars and the word is that if it goes down then the system can not cope with the impact it will have on the system due to the use of derivatives.

Yes I can see a meltdown one day or another

HOLA448

Plagues are natural and we are well overdue one as to many people live so close together and it’s only antibiotics that have protected us so far !

Trouble is antibiotics are loosing the fight as viruses mutate and become immune to treatment. Two people a week now die in the UK from TB

The whole of the western financial system is on a knife edge with so much debt and gambling that it will only take a small emergency to tip it over the edge.

Did you know that people gamble on shares they don’t own and so making the shares over subscribed and not only that they use borrowed money ?

GM is turning over much more money via it’s complicated financial dealing than it uses in producing cars and the word is that if it goes down then the system can not cope with the impact it will have on the system due to the use of derivatives.

What a nonsensensical ramble from plagues through viruses and the financial system to gambling and General Motors. Was it a stream of your consciousness?

Incidentally, antibiotics have never been effective against viruses, so they're not 'loosing' that particular battle. That's one good thing.

Edited by BoredTrainBuilder

HOLA449

What a nonsensensical ramble from plagues through viruses and the financial system to gambling and General Motors. Was it a stream of your consciousness?

Incidentally, antibiotics have never been effective against viruses, so they're not 'loosing' that particular battle. That's one good thing.

It would have been simpler to correct it rather than just say ‘Justice’ is wrong. I am sure that he meant antibiotics are loosing their effectiveness against bacteria’s

HOLA4410

Maybe you did not read the title of this thread

"Could A Bank Collapse Because Of Bird Flu? Options Rating "

now are you trying to say that we will have no more plagues or that plagues will not have an effect on the worlds financial systems as I would respectfully suggest you do a little research before commenting in such as mannor as you have !

HOLA4411

I agree seems that the stock market might be doing very well (booming in fact) because of borrowing to buy shares using MEW, loans and CC's:

Whoops!

Now that the smart (I'm mean stupid) money is moving out of property into shares!

HOLA4412

I doubt any bank would collapse these days. The money is not backed with anything at all, so the Bank of England could just conjure up as much as was needed at a press of a button. Everyone wants to withdrawl their cash? No problem, here's your pieces of paper.

Don't expect the pieces of paper, which we call "money" to buy you the same amount of real stuff though when it goes down.

HOLA4413

Yes a bank could collapse because of bird flu.

Equally a bank could get into difficulty if a regular flu virus took hold.

A chain of hair salons could go bust because of bird flu either.

I think any of the above scenarios are unlikely though.

Scaremongering really.

There is a distinct whiff of "fire and brimstone" from HPC of late.

Anyone else notice it?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Yes a bank could collapse because of bird flu.

Equally a bank could get into difficulty if a regular flu virus took hold.

A chain of hair salons could go bust because of bird flu either.

I think any of the above scenarios are unlikely though.

Scaremongering really.

There is a distinct whiff of "fire and brimstone" from HPC of late.

Anyone else notice it?

..and a lot of farmers could catch it and not harvest the food we eat,and even if they could half of the trucks and ships needed to distribute them to us would be inoperable.

don't worry about the bank failing because of it,look a little closer to home to be on the safe side.

HOLA4416

..and a lot of farmers could catch it and not harvest the food we eat,and even if they could half of the trucks and ships needed to distribute them to us would be inoperable.

don't worry about the bank failing because of it,look a little closer to home to be on the safe side.

Hey this is great. Were back to stockpiling baked beans. I added another 10 cans of assorted foods to my stockpile today (I went for the sardines cause their cheap protein and fishes are pretty safe from cross species virus transfer due to their cold nature)

HOLA4417

Hey this is great. Were back to stockpiling baked beans. I added another 10 cans of assorted foods to my stockpile today (I went for the sardines cause their cheap protein and fishes are pretty safe from cross species virus transfer due to their cold nature)

yeah,just have to watch out for the mercury and cadmium intake!!! :D

....joking aside,I do think home grown veggies are the way forward,bird flu or not.

..they taste a lot better than supermarket crap anyway and I get a buzz out of growing them.

....plus a few tins of spam in reserve.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Saw a Newspaper Headline can't remeber which one "Is Turkey safe for holidays?"

Dont know about Turkey being safe for holidays but had a dicey moment in Tenerife a decade or so ago at the hands of a group of drunken West Bromwich Albion fans (teach me to wear a football shirt anywhere other than my own home)

As an ex banker i can say that its more than possible for a bank to go bust and they do from time to time although they tend to be ones with dodgy business practices. Wouldn't happen to a big high street bank though even in extreme situations (such as a widespread bird flu pandemic). They've got more contingency plans than the government for all kinds of emergencies. If we were ever in a situation where Barclays was going bust then money would be the least of everyones concerns.

HOLA4420

yeah,just have to watch out for the mercury and cadmium intake!!! :D

....joking aside,I do think home grown veggies are the way forward,bird flu or not.

..they taste a lot better than supermarket crap anyway and I get a buzz out of growing them.

....plus a few tins of spam in reserve.

Yep. We'll survive the bird flu pandemic of 2006... Warm spam on the grate. Tatties from the big hessian gunny sack under the house. Stale bread to mop up the spam fat... which reminds me, where's fred and his farm when you need him?

HOLA4421

Pedant mode on/ Antibiotics don't work against viruses. Never have, never will. TB is caused by a bacterium, not a virus. Pedant mode off/

HOLA4422

Saw a Newspaper Headline can't remeber which one "Is Turkey safe for holidays?"

The sheep are getting worried. They'll be panic buying Lemsip next.

Cheers,

Tim.

and flu-proof tissues as well,haven't you seen the ads???

...but they are still quite happy to gob all over the pavement.

Yep. We'll survive the bird flu pandemic of 2006... Warm spam on the grate. Tatties from the big hessian gunny sack under the house. Stale bread to mop up the spam fat... which reminds me, where's fred and his farm when you need him?

stale bread and dripping.....mmmmmm,lovely!

HOLA4423

Can't anyone spell LOSING these days? This has to be the most misspelt word on the net. The verb is LOSE.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425