House Price Crash Forum

Golden Wonder In Administration

HOLA441
HOLA442

would this be a great loss or an advantage if they went under. im considering the fat kids of this world and NHS staple costs

If Spicy Tomato Wheat Crunchies are stopped then this is a MASSIVE LOSS.

Otherwise, everything is fine.

HOLA443
HOLA444

It won't mean healthier kids. Golden Wonder are in trouble because they sold all their top brands products to Walkers crisps.

Golden Wonder were making all different types of crisps - Watsits being one of many. This was when Walkers were really only making a bog standard crisps.

I don't know why they sold these products but I think it's a shame that the company that took risks and ploughed money into marketing new products have ended up financially worse off than Walkers.

It would be like Philips having financial difficulties even though they are constantly moving technology to a new level.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

would this be a great loss or an advantage if they went under. im considering the fat kids of this world and NHS staple costs

Well I'm pleased my long-standing boycott has finally worked. It's taken nearly 20 years from their decision to close manufacturing in Bathgate (a profitable site at the time) to this.

@enworb

Wasn't it KP that made wotsits? It was definitely KP that licensed Skips from the Japanese. In fact I think most of the "new" Walker's snacks were KP brands.

KP are ultimately United Biscuits. You'll probably find it was a competition thing and the regulator forced a company to sell various brands. Happens all the time when the big food conglomerates merge.

NDL

PS. All may not be lost. The Bathgate factory initially flourished as a management buy-out. It is now ultimately owned by the Italians, but more than 50% of all production is exported to Italy under the Highlander name. The company posted a modest £50k profit last year.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414