House Price Crash Forum

In Administration

Guest growl

HOLA441

Hubby and I were in town Saturday morning walking through our shopping centre when we passed yet another empty shop. On the window were the words:

World of Pine (or something like that) have asked the administrators to come in...blah blah blah.

A week or so ago people were talking about other bigger brand companies. It seems every day now that one firm or another are asking the administrators in. Today it was a famous crisp brand.

About six months ago I predicted along with many of you other bears, that Christmas would prove the turning point for the economy and the retail sector as a whole.

So will the phrase 'In Administration' be the words we all remember by the end of the year?

HOLA442

I saw a new shop open right new door to my recent bankrupt/administration (ANY DIFFERENCES?) Gadget shop. It was called leading edge or some twit.

Everything was gadget shop but rebranded into different boxes. Even shop layout was exactly the same.

Wonder how much inventory they picked up and for what price!!

World of leather / Land of leather etc springs to mind!!

Edited by delboypass

HOLA443

Wonder how much inventory they picked up and for what price!!

World of leather / Land of leather etc springs to mind!!

Its making me think of Gordon Gheko or whatever his name was with the phrase 'greed is good'.

I bet there's loads of Gheko's around now rubbing their hands. ;)