House Price Crash Forum
MarkyB

Inflation, Macdonalds Increase Prices

Dear Customer,

Our costs have increased especially for beef and chicken as we only use the best ingredients. Taxes, rates, electricity & gas charges have also gone up, so I am sorry to inform you that some of our prices are increasing in 2006.

We are now charging 2.29 for happy meals... (15% increase, targeting children, as in compulsory purchase for kids)

Burgers and sandwiches increasing by 20p too ... (over 10%)

However, we still off great value with our pound saver range. (Pmsl)

Remember we only use 100% chicken breast in our chicken... etc, etc....

Edited by MarkyB

Zero percent inflation for me on that score.

Apparent all the builderfs merchants have put up their prices 12% this January in unison.

Oh, zero percent inflation for me on that score too then. :lol:

Isn't all this low inflation wonderful.

Zero percent inflation for me on that score.

Only buy items off the pound-saver menu do you? ;)

There do seem to be an awful lot of things increasing in price at the moment, not just fuels and services, but clearly clothes and food too.

I know the offical inflation figures are fiddled, but makes you wonder by how much - got to be quite a lot.

I got a letter about our council tax (Norfolk)– saying that to keep services the same the tax would have to be increased by 12%. This is unacceptable so could you please choose an increase of 3%, 4%, and 5%. If you picked 3% they would sack police / fire /etc and close buildings. Where as if you picked 5% no one would be sacked from crucial jobs but they would still make lot’s of savings.

No inflation problem then

I got a letter about our council tax (Norfolk)– saying that to keep services the same the tax would have to be increased by 12%. This is unacceptable so could you please choose an increase of 3%, 4%, and 5%. If you picked 3% they would sack police / fire /etc and close buildings. Where as if you picked 5% no one would be sacked from crucial jobs but they would still make lot’s of savings.

No inflation problem then

I can remember there was quite a few public sector strikes last year... nothing happend, if it wasn't for looking at the news we'd have been totally unware, the world hardly fell apart!

You're not in one of those industries who take £5b subsidy of the tax payer (x3 more than BR ever cost) then charges >£200 to get from London to Manchester, a fine public service is that :)

This means an immediate depreciation of GBP according to The Economist Big Mac index of currencies. Unless MacDonalds have similarly put up prices everywhere else.

I suspect they'd be going up around the world, wouldn't they?

Is McDonald's in the CPI? I'd be surprised if it weren't...

I used to buy the odd thing from the hot counter in the city centre Somerfield in Glasgow.

That was until about 2 months ago when everything went up 50p. ie Items which were £2.99 now £3.49. Even cheaper items that were £1.49 were put up to £1.99.

Needless to say I am so stingy I haven't bought a thing since from them. There are too many other options that haven't increased at all never mind by that magnitude.

Over 2005 I did notice an increase overall in the cost of food.

NDL

I know the offical inflation figures are fiddled, but makes you wonder by how much - got to be quite a lot.

+++++++STOP PRESS+++++++

HEADLINE: Everything is still fine

The goverment today annouced that the goods considered its inflation calculation will be restricted further:

1) Any food with ANY nutritional value will be dropped

2) Big macs will also be dropped

3) Clothing, fuel, housing costs and childcare to be dropped

4) MP's salaries to be subtracted from the calculation

A spokesperson for No.10 said:

"We have noticed that our calculation of inflation is now producing spurious results, and has indeed started to indicate rampant inflation in the UK. Obviously, we had to rectify the formula as it is just not relevant to the true picture of the UK today. Even our "everything is still fine" formula produced staggeringly pessimistic results. We suspect this is a computer error resulting from a delayed effect of the Y2K bug"

Went for a swim yesterday at the pool near work - ticket has gone from £3.40 to £3.85. Nearly passed out in horror when asked for the money. Is that really more than 13%? Have been depressed ever since. Govt. obviously don't give a @*"* about obesity then.

The inflation figure is bull..

I deal with all the prices rises in the company I work for (all types of british food) and prices have risen between 5-8% on average (although difficult to work out).

Also, you will find sizes will get smaller and smaller, then in a jump they will become normal size again but with a price rise! I'm on to them :o

I used to buy the odd thing from the hot counter in the city centre Somerfield in Glasgow.

That was until about 2 months ago when everything went up 50p. ie Items which were £2.99 now £3.49. Even cheaper items that were £1.49 were put up to £1.99.

Needless to say I am so stingy I haven't bought a thing since from them. There are too many other options that haven't increased at all never mind by that magnitude.

Over 2005 I did notice an increase overall in the cost of food.

NDL

Didnt realise you were in Glasgow. Did no one notice how Boots suddenly stopped doing there 1.99 meal deals? You can only buy the 2.99 ones now. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Didnt realise you were in Glasgow. Did no one notice how Boots suddenly stopped doing there 1.99 meal deals? You can only buy the 2.99 ones now. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:lol: , I wasn't a fan of the Boots meal deal (just don't drink fizzy juice), but know a few peeps who are. Funnily enough, now you mention it, I haven't seen anyone return to the office with one for ages.

NDL

Talking of inflation...the plasma telly in the window of the local Ca$h Converter$ has just been reduced from £939 to £839!

Good to see one of life's staples getting cheaper.

I thank that nice Government.

Our heating oil bill last winter was £200 per month, so far this winter its been £350. Time to start burning the furniture. Yes and I do mean per month.

Yes, but look you haven't carried out the yoy, seasonally adjusted, mix averaged calculation yet.

Not forgetting the factor of a new Pope which must mean you've been tweaking that thermostat higher.

So I doubt that's really inflation you're seeing.