House Price Crash Forum
erranta

Uk House Prices To Double - An Hpc Quest For The Truth!

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Property+%28UK%29

(many thanks to the person who posted the website above last year!)

>

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/New...3A37%3A00%3A417

Chris Hall, of the Norwich-based Christopher Hall Agency and president of the National Association of Estate Agents, now predicts that houses and flats will keep gaining in value -

- "However, I have every confidence (backed by facts) in the average house price increasing by 100 per cent over the coming 10 to 15 years.

(Comment: Pretty easy to accomplish - after they collapse 60+% in the next few years!!)

"You should be looking at a house as a long-term investment as well as a home and I think people will be well-placed to put money into bricks and mortar.

"Funnily enough, all those people who talk of problems haven't appeared with their gloomy predictions about the market yet. We haven't had the crash that they've been predicting for several years so perhaps they've realised it's not going to happen."

Chris Hall has the 'knowledge' "backed by facts" on how the housing market will be in 15yrs time!!!

The NAEA PRESIDENT, being a soothsayer, knows what the UK/European/Global economy will be doing in 15yrs!

Enjoy ripping apart the 'Spin'

In addition, a challenge for anyone on HPC to find out what Chris Hall's "facts" are based on! :lol::lol:

Edited by erranta

Guest Bart of Darkness
Chris Hall has the 'knowledge' "backed by facts" on how the housing market will be in 15yrs time!!!

Chris Hall has a time machine. Simple as that. I can assure you that my knowledge is backed up by "facts".*

Does anyone have his phone number, I want to see if he'll let me nip back in time and talk myself out of backing Man U. on Saturday. :angry:

* "Facts" in this particular instance meaning conjecture, speculation, desperate straw clutching and wild hope.

In addition, a challenge for anyone on HPC to find out what Chris Hall's "facts" are based on! :lol::lol:

Perhaps they're drawn from the same "specially commissioned statistics" used to put together the recent "Place in the Sun" episode.

Perhaps they're drawn from the same "specially commissioned statistics" used to put together the recent "Place in the Sun" episode.

That wouldn't be the program that was saying:

"Our top 3 European hotspots could increase in value by 400% over the next 10 years"

note the nice "could" get-out clause.

If he's a proper mystic meg he should stop messing about with property and get into options, it would be very rewarding for those who can see events untold.

I saw that program (I think). I have been wondering if I did actually see it or not because:

a) I was in and out of the room all the time

B) I could not believe what I was seeing

c) Amanda had her jugs on display (She had to do that to distract people from the rubbish coming out of her mouth.

d) They seemed to be working their way around every country in Europe and were predicting property gains of 300% ish for most countries in Europe over the next 10 years.

Good news eh? Wages up 300% in the next 10 years. The Chinese and Indians must really wish they lived here instead of slaving away at home so we can live the life of Riley on the back of their sweat shop wages.

Even Ireland, the most overheated market in the world - no probs - 300% up over the next 10 years. It would be funny if it wasn't screwing up people's lives.

Chris Hall - front runner for the pillock of the year award?

Wonder if he thinks wages will double over the next 10 years against a backdrop of ever-increasing globalization and competitiveness.

Edited by Marina

I saw that program (I think). I have been wondering if I did actually see it or not because:

a) I was in and out of the room all the time

B) I could not believe what I was seeing

c) Amanda had her jugs on display (She had to do that to distract people from the rubbish coming out of her mouth.

d) They seemed to be working their way around every country in Europe and were predicting property gains of 300% ish for most countries in Europe over the next 10 years.

09 Jan 2006 - SPAIN

The risk of a sharp fall in house prices is increasing and could halt Spain's economic growth, the governor of the Bank of Spain warned.

The bank's governor Jaime Caruana said: "The longer the current high rates of house price inflation are maintained, the higher the risk of a more abrupt or disorderly correction in the future." He repeated the European Central Bank's claim that Spanish house prices are between 24 and 35 percent overvalued.

Even Vi Banks are warning in Spain now!!

Surely what is important is how the HPI over the next 15 years compares with wage rises over the same time. If wages will outstrip HPI, then it's possible I suppose. If wages keep pace with HPI, I suppose it is conceivable. But if wage increases are less than HPI, then how on earth will this happen? There is really no spare cash left for people at the moment with a new mortgage at today's prices. So how can the market support more rises unless wages rise at least as fast?

Bulls have been talking about "demand" for the last few weeks, as in terms of "I demand my rights", or snapping one's fingers and demanding the waiter. Demand in economic terms surely means a combination of a desire that people have to buy something, coupled with the ability to buy it. If the ability is not there, they can demand all they like, it won't make any difference to prices.

The economic definition of demand is how much someone/economy would buy at a given price.

What the bulls are talking about is desire/want. That is very different to demand. There is plenty of the former :)

The economic definition of demand is how much someone/economy would buy at a given price.

What the bulls are talking about is desire/want. That is very different to demand. There is plenty of the former :)

will be interesting to see the levels of demand/deisre when hpi= --10%pa. over the next few years