House Price Crash Forum

Bbc1

HOLA441

lounging around snuffling etc with BBC1 wittering away in the background so I don't feel too alone :rolleyes:

daytime tv is a real revelation to me. When I was a kid it seemed to be cookery, floral decoration and things directed at the stay-at-home mother. In my student days it seemed to be gossip, tittle tattle, chit chat, scandal and similar Oprah-derivative delights.

What do we find in these nouveaux riche days? On commercial channels we have cursory attempts at programmes, visual morphine for the terminally inactive, but crucially dominated by insidious adverts for loans.

more disturbingly, check out BBC1's listings this morning...

9:15 am

To Buy or Not to Buy

10:00 am

Living in the Sun

11:00 am

Trading Up

HOLA442

Perhaps the BBC execs are members of a

"mewing rich and BTL rocks..." club...

They have admitted in writting to put more weight to VI's (mortgage companies) then to independent economists.. Also VI's, but their only vested interest is to be right..

To see any broadcaster interview any Halifax PR expert you can read between the lines

Interviewer "I am mortgaged to the hilt, please make me feel better"

Mortgage Lender " I can't believe you are letting me do this, the longer we can keep theis going the more massive loans we can make.. Superb... you sad little man"

HOLA443

To Buy or Not to Buy

this is one of the nastier ones.

they never say dont buy so it should be renamed "To Buy"

those two cockney twisters press gang any sucker and tell them that a terrace that was 45k in 2003 is now acceptable at 180k. so no good advice there. they just gas on about bedrooms ect while totally disregarding the price.

this is why i dont pay the bbc licence fee. they can stick it !!

no independent service. no fee.

HOLA444

"To see any broadcaster interview any Halifax PR expert you can read between the lines

Interviewer "I am mortgaged to the hilt, please make me feel better"

Mortgage Lender " I can't believe you are letting me do this, the longer we can keep theis going the more massive loans we can make.. Superb... you sad little man"

:lol::lol::lol: Superb

HOLA445

Mates uncle is a big cheese with a Swiss bank. His wife previously was happy to stay at home, look after the kids etc. However about 2-3 years ago she started property developing & BTL'ing. Buying houses in Brighton, think she has 5-10. I wonder how many other people who aren’t really skilled at anything professionally but have spouses earning a packet have fuelled property speculation (dressing it up as business acumen & adding value of course.) However I reckon most are in it for the glamour of making loads while property prices are increasing and will quickly bore. TV programmers fuelled this by making people feel like they have a skill when it reality they are just leaches riding a boom.

HOLA446

However I reckon most are in it for the glamour of making loads while property prices are increasing and will quickly bore. TV programmers fuelled this by making people feel like they have a skill when it reality they are just leaches riding a boom.

undoubtedly.

I'm just staggered by how ubiquitous these programmes have now become! What happened to tittle-tattle? My husband is a secret lesbian transvestite? Ah, how I long for the simplicity and certainty of the good old days...

Or is it purely that this is the tail-end of the boom, milking the last few fetid drops from the gullible and isolated? I just find it odd that such a large chunk of off-peak airtime is devoted to this guff, when it seems to now be disappearing from the peaktime schedules.

HOLA447

To Buy or Not to Buy

this is one of the nastier ones.

they never say dont buy so it should be renamed "To Buy"

those two cockney twisters press gang any sucker and tell them that a terrace that was 45k in 2003 is now acceptable at 180k. so no good advice there. they just gas on about bedrooms ect while totally disregarding the price.

this is why i dont pay the bbc licence fee. they can stick it !!

no independent service. no fee.

These muppets?

420x190_tbontb_main.jpg

HOLA448
HOLA449

that's them. That's the ones! They're the people who stole my money officer!

i thought the one on the left was a greengrocer who appeared in Sunday morning cooking shows? not much more credibility than Kirsty!

HOLA4410

i thought the one on the left was a greengrocer who appeared in Sunday morning cooking shows? not much more credibility than Kirsty!

What are their qualifications to advise on house purchases and finance? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

HOLA4411

it might be shi*e, lazy and easy to make programmes from the BBC but its hardly a conspiracy theory - just reflecting back the country's obsession with property

in a few months time it will be replaced by debt counselling programmes - they're just filling the schedule until proper TV starts

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

thats them. its them wot did it. causing all manner of shortcomings the length and breadth of the country.

What are their qualifications to advise on house purchases and finance?

their geezers....they have geeez.

the thin plays the affable loon while the stumpy one plays a property bob hoskins.

HOLA4414

thats them. its them wot did it. causing all manner of shortcomings the length and breadth of the country.

their geezers....they have geeez.

the thin plays the affable loon while the stumpy one plays a property bob hoskins.

Think I seen them once. Do they not toy with the financial lemmings and get them to play some sort of golly roger 'guess the price game'? If so surely there must be outtakes of people guessing way below asking price, maybe even debating with the two thugs why the exact same house is now worth double a few years ago. Please God there must be cutting room floor clippings of at least one couple saying... "HOW MUCH?!? You gotta be sh*tting me!" when they reveal the price. Where do they get these financial loons from, a local nuthouse?

HOLA4415

Think I seen them once. Do they not toy with the financial lemmings and get them to play some sort of golly roger 'guess the price game'? If so surely there must be outtakes of people guessing way below asking price, maybe even debating with the two thugs why the exact same house is now worth double a few years ago. Please God there must be cutting room floor clippings of at least one couple saying... "HOW MUCH?!? You gotta be sh*tting me!" when they reveal the price. Where do they get these financial loons from, a local nuthouse?

"CUUUTTT!! No no no people, come on! Less of the outraged indignation... I want dewy eyed acquiesence from you, backed up by steely lust for material betterment from you, ok darlings? Now... ACTION!"

HOLA4416

it might be shi*e, lazy and easy to make programmes from the BBC but its hardly a conspiracy theory - just reflecting back the country's obsession with property

in a few months time it will be replaced by debt counselling programmes - they're just filling the schedule until proper TV starts

I'm not so sure....

They turn me off now because any lame idiot who bought a house fitted a new carpet and painted the walls magnolia was making money. The money shot "Is it really worth that much!?" Eyes glazing over etc., a bit of a sickner.

They will become car-crash stuff over the next few years, and I wanna see! "Its lost how much?!".

Bit like the Antiques Roadshow when some nob buys a fake thinking it's worth thousands and they get told it's worth jack. Much more entertaining than the other way round.