House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Portent

Yawn Bbc At It Again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4524450.stm

Finally, when you make an offer, take into account that 2006 is unlikely to be the buyer's market we have experienced in much of 2005.

Clearly, this depends on where you are and the type of property you are making an offer on, but confidence is growing overall and this, coupled with a shortage of stock, means that you could lose out on your dream home if you offer well below asking price.

Nowhere in the article do they explain why they feel that 2006 will not be the buyers market of 2005. They simply say it is unlikely to be, without any justifification.

:blink:

Edited by Portent

I am begining to see that perhaps the BBC are not working quite as much toward reporting the truth..

as to perhaps something else entirely.

However, it also needs to be highly informative. Buyers, these days, are cash rich and time poor and want to know as much information as possible about a property before they take the time to see it in person.

Mate I have all the time in the world...

Your selling.. you wait to sell it to me at my price.. lol..

bless you..

But BBC I am getting cross..

The opinions expressed are those of the author and are not held by the BBC unless specifically stated. The material is for general information only and does not constitute investment, tax, legal or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation.

you have a point... TTRTR's

But on a recent communication to one of our contributers on here they admitted giving greater weight to the opinions of one of the biggest mortgage lenders then to independent economonists..

As they knew more about the market..

Yes I saw the disclaimer TTRTR. But my point is that this is published by the BBC and I would expect them to try to maintain certain standards. One of those is to ensure that it's reporters, or any articles published by them, show evidence for any of the opinions they give. Otherwise it's little different to those magazine articles which at first glance appear to be written for/by the magazine but on closer inspection you notice the "advertisement feature" at the top.

I am genuinely open minded. While I am a bear I am prepared to listen to opinions that differ from mine. After all it's quite possible that some vital piece of evidence could change my mind on the direction of the housing market. So it's important that reasons are given and not just an opinion disguised as a well researched BBC article. Sadly most people are not as informed as those on this site and will take any such story (whether good or bad for the market) at face value. The BBC is a trusted source of information for many. Sadly it seems that trust may be misplaced.

I am begining to see that perhaps the BBC are not working quite as much toward reporting the truth..

as to perhaps something else entirely.

The problem with the Beeb is that they often think they can manufacturer the truth, so if they say the market isn't crashing then the market doesn't crash. Many of their journos subscribe to pomo concepts that the truth is nothing but a universally accepted lie, unfortunately the figures say something else.

P.S. There is no need to offer below asking price around here, the EA's are advertising the fact they've knocked 10% off the prices :lol:

Edited by BuyingBear