House Price Crash Forum

Rosie Millard At It Again

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

what absolute fantasy! And as for Barbara Goldsmith's CD? What kind of things might we find there?

"Livin On A Prayer"

"Money For Nothing"

"Sheep"

etc. Time for an HPC counter-soundtrack soon, methinks.

Hey, I wonder if this Goldsmith character has ever visited this site? :blink::ph34r:

HOLA444

what absolute fantasy! And as for Barbara Goldsmith's CD? What kind of things might we find there?

"Livin On A Prayer"

"Money For Nothing"

"Sheep"

etc. Time for an HPC counter-soundtrack soon, methinks.

Hey, I wonder if this Goldsmith character has ever visited this site? :blink::ph34r:

NICE!!!,what about next years compilation??

"money's too tight to mention"......by simply red(sorry!!!)

"the lady in (the) red"....chris de burgh

....that "kiss me"song by sixpence none the richer

"dreamer."...supertramp(she could end up being both!!!)

going under(ground).....the jam

HOLA445

When I saw that Ms Goldsmith had been quoted I thought I'd have a look at her new website to see whether she's still putting her face on banknotes.

It is worse than ever!

Prices in Stratford have gone up by 15 per cent in the last few weeks alone and are still increasing.
Property produces more millionaires than any other investment

and the testimonials are positively vomit-inducing...

I am thrilled with my first investment in the property market. I was nervous at first, but Stratford Properties gave the confidence to go ahead. I am so glad I did. I bought a 3 bedroom house last year and the value has already increased by 60%.

DRT, San Diego, USA

http://www.stratfordproperties.co.uk/

HOLA446

And yet in the Independent yesterday the silly tart was toying with the idea of going bankrupt to clear her £50k overdraft.

Why doesn't she sell one of her BTLs?

It's clear what she's really up to though - writing as many articles as possible for the fees. It's just a shame we bothered to read them.

HOLA447
“Buy-to-let is back in business. I cannot recall a time when we had such a shortage of stock,” says David Salvi, of Hurford Salvi Carr, a City property agency. “It’s a sellers’ market at the moment, and agents are crying out for stock. Buy-to-let has come back. Investment-wise, I am dealing with bulk-buyers. And I have nothing for the new year, one-bed, two-bed or penthouses. Rents are going up as well. We are getting £300 a week for one-bedders and £380-£500 a week for two-bedders. Whether that will tempt people to put their stuff on the market I don’t know, but with no stock, that means one thing in the short term. I’m worried.”

Plenty of empty flats according to the Telegraph:

http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/property/mai...7/ixptop12.html

London
More than 90 per cent of planning permissions in the pipeline are for flats, with Southwark, Hackney and especially Tower Hamlets due to swallow at least 52 per cent of them by 2016.
"Concern grows that new-build family housing is becoming a rarity in city centres," says Knight Frank, in its latest report, The New London. As investors shrivel, some developers are offering 10 to 20 per cent discounts on group purchases.
"The market for two-bedroom flats in secondary locations has been the hardest-hit, with some areas being flooded by a mass of identical products."

"Buy-to-lets may be having a hard time already - Knight Frank has 60 to let in Docklands, priced at £595 to £695 per week. Last March, the largest site in the Thames Gateway area, 59 acres at Silvertown Quays, was launched to provide nearly 5,000 residential units, most of which are flats (and the biggest aquarium in Europe)."

Royal Albert Basin is likely to pile in another 2,000 to 3,000.

The over-supply of flats is actually lowering rents

:lol::D:):D

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA448

And yet in the Independent yesterday the silly tart was toying with the idea of going bankrupt to clear her £50k overdraft.

Why doesn't she sell one of her BTLs?

If she goes bankrupt then she wont have much choice!

Rosie isn't poor at all, she a plays a typical middleclass victim that panders to a certain audience, the sort of people who think that doing without involves driving a Landrover that is now 2 years out of date. They're the same sort of people who scream like hell when their one way bets on endowments, split-caps, precipice bonds go sour, soon to accompanied by the mother of misselling and scandal when their property investments are out performed by debt recovery firms.

(P.S. I was being charitable, look at their two year chart)

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA449
“Buy-to-let is back in business. I cannot recall a time when we had such a shortage of stock,” says David Salvi, of Hurford Salvi Carr, a City property agency. “It’s a sellers’ market at the moment, and agents are crying out for stock. Buy-to-let has come back. Investment-wise, I am dealing with bulk-buyers. And I have nothing for the new year, one-bed, two-bed or penthouses. Rents are going up as well. We are getting £300 a week for one-bedders and £380-£500 a week for two-bedders. Whether that will tempt people to put their stuff on the market I don’t know, but with no stock, that means one thing in the short term. I’m worried.”

Plenty of empty flats according to the Telegraph:

http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/property/mai...7/ixptop12.html

Hurford Salvi Carr are probably telling the truth about the shortage of stock in their area ie London EC1 and EC2. There has always been a shortage of privately-owned stock in these postcodes and plenty of demand from City workers. HSC never have much on their books anyway - maybe 20 flats. Property is so expensive they don't need that many to stay in business - sickening really. Demand is probably slightly better now than has been in the recent past. More hiring, less firing and better bonuses in the City - after 4 bad years - mean a supported rental market from priced-out FTBs and STRs (I should know, but we're not paying anything like the rates they mention <_< )

Central London and City saw the highest price rises recently according to Hometrack. But so what, it's a tiny proportion of London's housing stock and completely unrepresentative of what is going on in the rest of the UK.

HOLA4410

What a hideously despicable person Rosie Millard is. Runs up debts by trying to buy a lifestyle that she doesn't belong to, & yet thinks makes her better than other people, then wanting to declare herself bankrupt so that someone else gets her debts, while she keeps her "property portfolio."

As she likes "the arts" so much perhaps we should rename her Lily Bart (House of Mirth): A character who aspires to belong to the upper classes, of fading youth and frivolous nature.... Lily has learned no practical skills nor developed any of her innate talents. Instead, she shows a knack for putting herself into morally and socially compromising situations, as well as being unlucky in cards and financial matters.

Also rhymes perfectly with Silly Tart.