House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
deano

Gordon Brown

Whilst everryone mulled over the detail of the last Pre-Budget report I noticed the language he used , a comment he made that went unoticed.

'in a money inflation economy'

This is a clear indication that Gordon is beginning to understand the reallity of the situation. If someone could now explain to him that monetary inflation has come from debt creation he may start seeing the bigger picture.

The nature of this current credit tightening is also of interest here, it is not seemingly a goverment lead initiative. The financial institutions are acting on thier own fears. Credit tightening and recessions come together, the USA entered a recession in the seventies when the goverment forced institutions to tighten credit supply. This time the situation is not caused by the goverment and would seemingly be against its own wishes 'of Gordons money inflation'. Because action was not taken long ago I suspect this recession will be long and painfull.

Debt collection is the states next big bussiness, along with data collection, people tracking etc. It will be near impossible for people to remain anonymous in the coming economy. They will know who you are, where you are and what you have got. Those that have something will be chased relentlesly.

I think eventually the realisation that the current economic system has failed long term will result in a serious look at some of the alternatives that are not mainstream and about time. Much misery will have passed and damage done.

Do not forget - the economy is here to serve the people not the other way round.

Edited by deano

Whilst everryone mulled over the detail of the last Pre-Budget report I noticed the language he used , a comment he made that went unoticed.

'in a money inflation economy'

I've just been through the speech and PBR and cannot find that phrase, the only obviously bit of inflation I can find is the £45 price on the front cover.