House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Waiting Patiently

"bankrupt Britain"

BBC Radio 5...........8th Jan 10am

10:00 am The Worricker Programme

Spend Sunday mornings with Julian Worricker. Investigative journalism, current affairs, politics and showbiz gossip. Including a special Five Live Report:

Bankrupt Britain

The number of personal bankruptcies in Britain has rocketed by 46% in the past year. So why are so many people going for broke? Joanne Griffith uncovers the reality of life for hundreds of Brits who have opted for insolvency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/listings/day.shtml?day=today

I am I the only one tempted to do this ? Once we have STR I'm seriously t

empted to have a few nice holidays and a new car we can't afford <_< after all everyone else seems to be doing it :P

yeah, do lots of cash withdrawls and buy gold for cash. Rack up massive debts then declare bankruptcy, then sell your gold back for cash and enjoy.

I am I the only one tempted to do this ? Once we have STR I'm seriously t

empted to have a few nice holidays and a new car we can't afford <_< after all everyone else seems to be doing it :P

I am seriously considering this.

The industry is so full of fraud and corruption, why should I conform. After all I will pay for everyone else defaulting.

I have residence elsewhere in the world so am considering collecting as much credit as I can drawing it as cash and disappearing.

Does anyone know how far authorities would go to track me to say Australia? and what could they do?

Were you listening to the programme?

Near the end a woman bankrupt with problems renting said soemthing like "If I had six months rent in advance, I would buy a house".:huh:

Astounding that she thinks she can buy a house with six month's rent. (or is she thinking of getting a loan on that house?)

The industry is so full of fraud and corruption, why should I conform. After all I will pay for everyone else defaulting.

I have residence elsewhere in the world so am considering collecting as much credit as I can drawing it as cash and disappearing.

Does anyone know how far authorities would go to track me to say Australia? and what could they do?

They don't chase you within the UK, my sister sent the keys to a car finance company after TOYOTA sold her a MR2 that should have been rejected at the factory but omehow sneaked out, anyway after months of battling she sent them a letter with the keys saying i've cancelled the DD come and collect your heap of shite and they did. She got 3 nasty letters then nothing.

That sounds like a good idea. Or even declare yourself bankcrupt here then go and live abroad. Does bankcrupcy only apply in the country you are bankcrupt in? There must be a pitfall somewhere??