House Price Crash Forum
Guest Daddy Bear

What Is The Average Age Of The Bears On This Site?

Guest Daddy Bear

I thought it would be interesting to see how age effects the chance of someone being a housing bear

I reckon alot of people on this site have memories of the last crash, so consequently bears are a little bit older. The bulls having been too young to notice the last crash, are generally going to be the first time buyers driving the market. Hence why it took 10 years for the next boom to start to develop into a bubble.

DB - 30 years old (young but wise)

I thought it would be interesting to see how age effects the chance of someone being a housing bear

I reckon alot of people on this site have memories of the last crash, so consequently bears are a little bit older. The bulls having been too young to notice the last crash, are generally going to be the first time buyers driving the market. Hence why it took 10 years for the next boom to start to develop into a bubble.

DB - 30 years old (young but wise)

We have already had this poll a few months ago.

Most HPCers then were in their 30s.

I don't know if anyone can find the thread?

Think it was about when I was heading off for Uni when the last crash started off. But I remember vividly people talking about it and the newspaper headlines. It didn't affect me directly but it still seemed quite shocking - I'd only ever heard of house prices rising.

Knew of well-off people who had over-extended themselves just before and were majorly scr*wed. And then six years later would still bump into people who had become FTBs just before the crash and were still trapped by negative equity.

There are people younger than me (so even less likely to remember the crash) who are still wary. Now that all of these websites give easy access to previous prices paid they can see how much houses were selling for a few years ago (alot less) and think "this is crackers".

Just old enough to remember the last crash and hopefully learn from history.

I remember starting a job in 1995 and my boss was stuck in a dreadful starter home in the worst bit of Stevenage with lots of negative equity.

Still makes me shudder - life is too short to go through that sort of thing.

Edited by mxs