House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fiddlesticks

Graph On Front Page

Guest Fiddlesticks

Needs an update, it's 2006. Thank god for debit cards, I used to spend most of January writing out of date cheques.

Trouble is, the update would show the sham that this site has been pushing on readers.....

Don't expect any humility off the rest of us because you timed the market right...............people like you make me sick coming to this site and spouting crap like that......................you had your time to buy and you want to fool as many people as possible that this is the way its going to be from now on so we better get used to ................our time will come and we dont need twits like you around muddying the water so that no clarity can be attained.

You have been on this site long enough to know by now that we know its all about waiting for sanity to return to an insane market run and financed by idiots who have let lending and common sense go out the window.

How does it feel to be the biggest hypocrite you could possibly dare to imagine.I've got it and you can't ever get it .............no way ..........no how.......we'll see.Some of us have got a lot of resolve.Every time I read your rubbish it gives me more and more resolve to see this through so keep on spouting crap ttrtr and we'll keep digging our heels in all the deeper.

Didn't the updated Nationwide figures come out in December?

It's now January 7th...

Come on TTRTR - patience is a virtue. Have a pickled herring and I'm sure the graph will be updated before you can say "Faster, Agnetha, faster..." ;)

Why not update the graph?

I bet if prices HAD fallen it would be gleefully updated with every chunk that fell off prices.

Instead prices have gone UP.

The refusal to update the graph smacks of DENIAL and MISINFORMATION IMO.

Also, why is the graph scale so hard to read? Maybe I already know the answer to this one...

Why not update the graph?

I bet if prices HAD fallen it would be gleefully updated with every chunk that fell off prices.

Instead prices have gone UP.

The refusal to update the graph smacks of DENIAL and MISINFORMATION IMO.

Also, why is the graph scale so hard to read? Maybe I already know the answer to this one...

You need glasses? :unsure:

Didn't the updated Nationwide figures come out in December?

It's now January 7th...

Come on TTRTR - patience is a virtue. Have a pickled herring and I'm sure the graph will be updated before you can say "Faster, Agnetha, faster..." ;)

This isn't a nationwide graph, you've been fooled because it looks like it. It was created by the HPC poster Warwickshire Lad who was told months ago it's out of date.

I suspect he's made a new graph now, but it doesn't fit the HPC mantra, so it hasn't made it's way here. The least they could do then is remove the one that's there.

Don't expect any humility off the rest of us because you timed the market right...............people like you make me sick coming to this site and spouting crap like that......................you had your time to buy and you want to fool as many people as possible that this is the way its going to be from now on so we better get used to ................our time will come and we dont need twits like you around muddying the water so that no clarity can be attained.

You have been on this site long enough to know by now that we know its all about waiting for sanity to return to an insane market run and financed by idiots who have let lending and common sense go out the window.

How does it feel to be the biggest hypocrite you could possibly dare to imagine.I've got it and you can't ever get it .............no way ..........no how.......we'll see.Some of us have got a lot of resolve.Every time I read your rubbish it gives me more and more resolve to see this through so keep on spouting crap ttrtr and we'll keep digging our heels in all the deeper.

Another happy tenant?

:lol::lol::lol:

My 2p

I do think that if its not going to be updated it should be removed it just gives ammunition to people who would question the sites motives and tbh its misleading.

If you click the nationwide link below the graph it takes you to the site that provides the data. To be fair the data still only goes up to Q3 05. I have just recreated the graph myself with this data (attached). You can see the graph isn't showing what was hoped by most on this site hence why it probably will not be updated in a hurry.

prices.JPG

post-1624-1136664745_thumb.jpg

Can you (or anyone?) read the scale then?

Perhaps I need better graphics because my 1024x768 screen can't show the scale.

If I download the GIF file and blow it up I still can't read the scale.

The clocks ticking on people like you and dont think the rest of us dont know it.

And I am no bloody bloody tenant so stop generalising and start sweating ttrtr like you should have done a long time ago.

God I am going to enjoy watching every last one of you leeching parasitic landlords go to the wall in the coming years ahead................

If you click the nationwide link below the graph it takes you to the site that provides the data. To be fair the data still only goes up to Q3 05. I have just recreated the graph myself with this data (attached). You can see the graph isn't showing what was hoped by most on this site hence why it probably will not be updated in a hurry.

Well done, I was just doing this myself actually.

Here are the numbers for recent quarters for those that are interested. It looks like the graph goes to Q4 2004, after that, the story turns bad for bears & hence no updates to the graph. What a sham!!!!

03 Q1 6343.4 £119,938

03 Q2 6631.4 £125,382

03 Q3 6863.0 £129,761

03 Q4 7082.0 £133,903

04 Q1 7416.4 £140,225

04 Q2 7919.7 £149,742

04 Q3 8187.5 £154,805

04 Q4 8133.2 £153,778

05 Q1 8150.6 £154,107

05 Q2 8401.6 £158,853

05 Q3 8408.7 £158,987

:angry:

Thanks for the update.

I also believe that the chart should be updated but your new chart certainly doesn't tell a very different story.

Do you think that it suggests that the worst is over? If yes, why?

It is funny to see that the only contribution that property investors can do these days is to focus on such irrelevant things (running out of arguments maybe?).

The clocks ticking on people like you and dont think the rest of us dont know it.

And I am no bloody bloody tenant so stop generalising and start sweating ttrtr like you should have done a long time ago.

God I am going to enjoy watching every last one of you leeching parasitic landlords go to the wall in the coming years ahead................

My name isn't TTRTR and I'm not a landlord but thanks for your input.

My name isn't TTRTR and I'm not a landlord but thanks for your input.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go miser......you tell 'em WaP!

Thanks for the update.

I also believe that the chart should be updated but your new chart certainly doesn't tell a very different story.

Do you think that it suggests that the worst is over? If yes, why?

It is funny to see that the only contribution that property investors can do these days is to focus on such irrelevant things (running out of arguments maybe?).

No I don't think the worst is over (it may be it may not) - i've just updated the graph as I felt it will not be updated on the front page until if or when it shows a graph better suited to a website called 'House Price Crash'. And having a big red arrow saying 'you are here' relating to the end of 2004 is a bit misleading.

To me the graph suggets we are well past the peak of the current cycle and should be looking for the next low in about 5 to 10 years time. I would be interested to hear what you think it shows.

To me the graph suggets we are well past the peak of the current cycle and should be looking for the next low in about 5 to 10 years time. I would be interested to hear what you think it shows.

I don't know much about what economic charts show and what they will show. I only know how to create them in Excel :)

It should be updated, but I don't think that detail is it's primary aim in it's position on the front page.

It is pointing out to new visitors to the site just how high prices have become compared to previous years - i.e. "you are here" at or near the peak of the biggest bubble ever.

That's why it hasn't been updated, because you are meant to think that.

But I put it to you that an up to date graph would prompt other thoughts, like 'what has changed since the last housing cycle?'.

But I put it to you that an up to date graph would prompt other thoughts, like 'what has changed since the last housing cycle?'.

I disagree. It makes the picture look marginally less clear, but I don't think a brief period of flatlining at the end significantly changes the overall impression.

I disagree. It makes the picture look marginally less clear, but I don't think a brief period of flatlining at the end significantly changes the overall impression.

Flatlining?

04 Q3 8187.5 £154,805

05 Q3 8408.7 £158,987

Oh, I see, you meant REAL prices. Well WGaS as £4,182 HPI in nominal terms is certainly real money to me....

Flatlining?

Oh, I see, you meant REAL prices. Well WGaS as £4,182 HPI in nominal terms is certainly real money to me....

I don't doubt that for a second, old bean. Just expressing my view that the graph issue isn't a big one. And, as with all things, it still leaves a lot of scope for interpretation. You could no doubt look at it and see something opposite to what I would see.