House Price Crash Forum

Charles Kennedy Has Resigned

HOLA441
HOLA442

Let's face it, he just did not cut the mustard.

The idea of him as PM! He was never PM material. When electing leaders political parties should just ask that one question - could the public see him/her as a PM?

The Tories, at last, thank God, have chosen someone who looks like a PM in waiting. Wonder if the Liberals will have the sense to choose someone who looks the part.

I bet they pick Simon Hughes - nice bloke - bit of a tosser - not PM material. Can't think of anyone else they've got apart from old Minge (why spell your name Menzies can call yourself Minge?) - he's another one - bank manager material - not PM stuff.

Kennedy reminded me of Kinnock - a complete windbag.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I don't think much of the liberal's success of the last election was down to Kennedy, more to do with unpopularity of Labour. I hope they sort themselves out because there needs to be strong opposition.

I agree with Marina, he just wasn't up to scratch.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I don't think much of the liberal's success of the last election was down to Kennedy, more to do with unpopularity of Labour. I hope they sort themselves out because there needs to be strong opposition.

I agree with Marina, he just wasn't up to scratch.

i think it was as much the ineffectiveness of the tories that allowed them to grow

hard to judge whether he would have been up to being pm.

i dont think the lib dems will fprm a government unless either of the big 2 completely self destructs.

both labour and the conservatives have been close to implosion but have pulled back at the 11th hour

HOLA4413

His leadership was always a paradox. Yes, he helped to the Lib Dems more successful than ever before, but at the same time with NuLab so hated and the Tories down and out for so long they should have done far more.

I mean, after wavering they were the only big party to get it right on the insane Iraq war. Only Vince Cable was bashing the consumer debt mountain when Letwin still had no idea on how to challenge the miracle chancellor. Their schools policy is what parents generally call for - good local schools rather than the 'semi private' ideas of NuLabour and the 'we don't care 'cos we don't use the system ideas of the tories.

They should have buried Toryism.

With Cameron putting the tories back on the new agenda, the Libs really did need to act now to steady the ship.

HOLA4414

I don't think much of the liberal's success of the last election... [thommo1]

Liberal-Democrats. The Liberals are a different party:

http://www.liberal.org.uk/

The Liberal Party exists to build a Liberal Society in which every citizen shall possess liberty, property and security and none shall be enslaved by poverty, ignorance or conformity. Its chief care is for the rights and opportunities of the individual, and in all spheres it sets freedom first.

Archived