House Price Crash Forum

I have just invested some money in a property deal in India. It has a growing middle class, educated population, low consumer debt. Mortgage products/modern banking have only just been introduced and there is always a flow of money from affluent non resident indians.

There are risks though, and the infrastructure is not keeping up with the pace of development.

I will keep you updated...

Where did you invest in India? I bought in Goa and I'm confident I'll get a good return on it. Parts of Eastern Europe are still a good bet.

I was interested in buying in Goa, but as I am a non resident of India, and not of Indian origin I was informed that I cannot legally buy somewhere in India. So how have you guys managed it?

I was also told that you cannot take profits from property out of the country.

So all sounds very risky to me.

I set up an Indian company. It was pretty straight forward to be honest. There's lots for sale in Goa but a lot of it is rubbish ie. poor build quality, location etc. The development I bought on is superb and has a good rentals management company but the villa cost more than most.

Hiya.

I have an advantage as I'm of Indian parentage and still have family over there.

I've not bought anywhere as exciting as Goa, its about 100km out of Delhi, suggested by a cousin who lives there.

Good luck :)

How did you find it and go about doing it ?

The company I used were helpful and gave me sound advice - it was pretty straight forward really. I'd used the same company previously so I knew they were good.

I was interested in buying in Goa, but as I am a non resident of India, and not of Indian origin I was informed that I cannot legally buy somewhere in India. So how have you guys managed it?

I was also told that you cannot take profits from property out of the country.

So all sounds very risky to me.

A colleague of mine promoted me a property in Goa and I went for it. The end result is that I got screwed up, by a colleague!!! I am now trying to sell it and get out. There are so many formalities that need to be completed that they are not nearly worth my time and there are so many people ready to milk a white westerner. I made a mistake, never again.