House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lookingafterthekids

Why Are They Financially Secure And Do Not Have To Work?

I know lots of property owners that that bought during the 60's, 70' and 80's and the thing I just cannot fathom is why they are all:

1) Not having to work

2) Free to do as they please

3) Financially secure

4) Really close to their family - in fact they spend all of their time with either family or friends

5) Wealthy

6) Good at golf

Any help appreciated :)

I know lots of property owners that that bought during the 60's, 70' and 80's and the thing I just cannot fathom is why they are all:

1) Not having to work

3) Financially secure

4) Really close to their family - in fact they spend all of their time with either family or friends

5) Wealthy

6) Good at golf

Because they bought in the 60's 70's and 80's and not in the last couple of years. I thought that would have been obvious.

1/ Because they get a very nice return on the capital they have built up. But please don't assume not having a wage means we don't have to work.

2/ You also are free to do as you please when your work is done.

3/ Through consistently making wise decisions for a better financial future.

4/ Remove financial arguments & you remove an enormous amount of friction from a relationship. I am extremely close to my family.

5/ See answer to 3/

6/ Not necessarily.

TTRTR,

1) It means I and most of them don't have to. If your still working I'd advise buying some more rental properties.

2) My work was done awhile ago. Now it's just kids, walking and fun fun fun

3) By not having to work you find that you make much better decisions.

4) By making the right financial moves you do remove all of the friction. I kiss my partner every day. :rolleyes:

5) My perception of wealth is: if you can cover your outgoings with income from passive, reasonably secure invesments that provide you with a fairly guaranteed income regardless of the underlying asset value (that may well fall and rise and fall and rise) then you are, in my opinion, wealthy.

6) Though golf is a fantastically callenging game, the proliferation of company drectors wearing farahs and diamond jumpers tying up the deal on the 10th puts me off.

1) Not having to work

3) Financially secure

5) Wealthy

6) Good at golf

:lol: like it :lol:

TTRTR,

1) It means I and most of them don't have to. If your still working I'd advise buying some more rental properties.

4) By making the right financial moves you do remove all of the friction. I kiss my partner every day. :rolleyes:

5) My perception of wealth is: if you can cover your outgoings with income from passive, reasonably secure invesments that provide you with a fairly guaranteed income regardless of the underlying asset value (that may well fall and rise and fall and rise) then you are, in my opinion, wealthy.

6) Though golf is a fantastically callenging game, the proliferation of company drectors wearing farahs and diamond jumpers tying up the deal on the 10th puts me off.

1/ You seem to have a funny concept of 'work'. Does it have to be 9-5, or can work just be things that have to be done?

2-6/ Your thread, have fun.

TTRTR,

Why do a lot of people who bought when prices were sensible think they are investment experts?

Why did a lot of people who bought in the 90s at unrealistic levels go bankrupt?

Awoooooogha!

Because they never do any repairs on their properties?

Or maybe they're builders like the landlord I had in Whalley Range years ago. He reckoned the damp in the kitchen was due to the kettle being under a wall cupboard rather than the leaking drain pipe outside.

I took my first opportunity I could to move out - and expect his next tenant found him drenching the place in white emulsion ... just like I had. Emulsion costs next to nothing to actually sorting out the guttering and drain pipes on a house.

A good landlord surely has to invest in maintaining their property each year. Things like painting guttering, soffitts and things like that are routine maintenance. A bad landlord will end up with a horrible property worth the least on the street.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like cream

c'mon. lets keep it real.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like turds in a bowl of p1ss.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like pus from a boil.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like the stench of death.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like a badly tied down murder victim.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like a fart at a wedding reception.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like a balloon.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like a milk float on a balloon.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like a puke in the throat.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like fat in water.

TTRTR,

Hmmm.....you know nothing about golf <_< However, I`ve just learned a lot about you ;)

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like a badly tied down murder victim.

!!!!!!! PMSL !!!!!!!!

"By making the right financial moves you do remove all of the friction."

"My perception of wealth is: if you can cover your outgoings with income from passive, reasonably secure invesments that provide you with a fairly guaranteed income regardless of the underlying asset value (that may well fall and rise and fall and rise) then you are, in my opinion, wealthy."

Are you for real?

My parents bought their 4 bedroom house for £8k in 1970 - if they rented it out today they would get £1200 a month for it - does that make them investment gurus or just people who wanted a nice house to bring up a family in.

What about the amount of debt on an asset and how far that is covered?

But funniest of all is:

"If you're still working I'd advise buying some more rental properties." (I sorted your punctuation for you),

mainly because it was aimed at TTRTR!

What a great idea. Why don't we all just do that.

not enough to go round - there's a shortage you know

no, wait - rightmove seem to have over 570,000 spare!

c'mon. lets keep it real.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like turds in a bowl of p1ss.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like pus from a boil.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like the stench of death.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like a fart at a wedding reception.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like a balloon.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like a milk float on a balloon.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like a puke in the throat.

Landlords that have held out seem to float to the top like fat in water.

Wow! You have the time and inclination to imagine and compose this sh!t? I thought you were busy trying to buy a farm?

Guest Bart of Darkness

Wow! You have the time and inclination to imagine and compose this sh!t? I thought you were busy trying to buy a farm?

Why don't you "buy the farm"? :P

Fred is a HPC.co.uk treasure.

Why don't you "buy the farm"? :P

Fred is a HPC.co.uk treasure.

ahhhh.... yes ... a HPC treasure, I forgot. Must not denigrate RFD posts... must remember.

So much a HPC treasure, he's looking to buy. Hold the HPC sentiment close now!

And so original... never before have I been exposed to "humour" quite so "satirical" or "cynical".

Quite frankly, Ben Elton would be more lilkely to make me laugh, and that's saying something.

Forgive me if I don't bow.

:rolleyes:

Anyway which farm? Where? :unsure: He hasn't told us.

Durk - ????????? - I'm as lost as you?

TEIN - who is claiming to be an investment expert? I'll leave that to everyone else on here :lol::lol::lol: Yeah, I know loads of 90's landlords that have been through the courts. NOT. Awoooooogha - is that a term for property profit? If not, sorry but I cant answer that one.

Sarahbell - classic case of HPC assuummptionnnnnn :lol:. Of course all landlords are the same. Just as all tenants are dope smoking, red stripe swilling s**t arsed losers. :ph34r:

Fred ded right - time to get a life? ? So bitter you'd make a lemon smile.

Converted lurk - Golfs great. Sorry if you wear generic slacks, not farahs and feel excluded. :unsure:

Mat munro - you could do worse. Why dont you post 9 - 5? Working???? :rolleyes:

Now

the end is nigh.......

Your folks seem similar to mine. Bought in 1964 for £4600 now worth £325,000. But to rent it out for £1000 per month would be financial madness.

Much better to live there rent and worry free while living off your other investments safe in the knowledge that even if there is a 30% drop in prices, you can hand the batton on to you kids to the tune of £227,000.

Andno. No troll. Just pointing out that the world is not as black as you guys think. You question and I'll respond.

Remember that song by Yazz?

"The only way is up, baby, for yoouuu nd meeee yeahhhhhh"

Focus on crap, you'll get crap..................................

If I had a portfolio of properties the last thing I'd be doing is trying to boost my self esteem on a website forum :lol:

dnd

I'm not.

You lot make me laugh more than anything I've ever seen. I may be proven wrong but hey, why worry. I can pass my DSS claimig days readibg this......

Sorry if it seems odd but you lot are just such good fun.

Fishes in a barrel.

Hmmm, who needs to get a life now?

ABB