House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
29929BlackTuesday

Ea In Malvern Gazette - All Reduced!

Can't remember name of EA sorry but this is genuine. It's the first time I've seen blatant Reduced signs in the corners of the house pics + the before and after prices!

They were in the range of 5 - 20% which is a start.

Who keeps going on about stagnation? Imupnorth is it? Just look at the REAL PRICES ON THE STREETS and you'll see that if I'd bought any one of those houses last year (as you would have had me do I'm sure) then I would have lost AN ABSOLUTE FORTUNE!!

Stop looking at graphs and blind faith in your new mantra "Stagnation - stagnation" (no longer "prices only ever go up" I notice) and open your eyes!

Yes - I've just seen the other 2 threads on same thing. Idiot.

or are the actually reduced... were prices raised too high before christmas and dropped to previous levels. Connells and Taylors in worcester had similar sales last jan....

I do think the Midlands/Worcs/Malvern area is pretty quiet right now and of the property I'm tracking I'd say that about 50% of them have been on the market since Spring 2005 or earlier.

Best of all Knight Frank may have started lopping asking prices on some properties. I got a mailer on the weekend with a £50k reduction on a country property they're listing.

Im in worcester city centre. I think smaller properties are a bit up on two years ago, we seem to have seen a bit of an increase in the 3 mounths before christmas. Properties on my street in the city centre seem to be selling, new city centre flats also seem to be selling.

However the worcester EA girl (who is in the last two years of training to be a barrister) i took out on a few dates says the rental market is over supplied, and prices are too high and things arent selling as much. She also believes a crash is iminent, however there are still alot of idiots out there in worcester...

Edited by moosetea

Can't remember name of EA sorry but this is genuine. It's the first time I've seen blatant Reduced signs in the corners of the house pics + the before and after prices!

They were in the range of 5 - 20% which is a start.

Who keeps going on about stagnation? Imupnorth is it? Just look at the REAL PRICES ON THE STREETS and you'll see that if I'd bought any one of those houses last year (as you would have had me do I'm sure) then I would have lost AN ABSOLUTE FORTUNE!!

Stop looking at graphs and blind faith in your new mantra "Stagnation - stagnation" (no longer "prices only ever go up" I notice) and open your eyes!

Yes - I've just seen the other 2 threads on same thing. Idiot.

It's funny but you look to be suffering from the very thing you accuse me of - well from where I stand anyway :D

Given that I've been right for over 12 months and well, er, you've been completely wrong, I think I'll stick to my 'stagnation' stance for a bit longer, Thanks :D

Could it be that mooseta is right - they were raised above the market rate and therefore are now having to cut back to the true market position. Picking out a few reductions in a whole area as evidence of a price crash is about as desperate as you can get.

Think I'll stick to the 'big picture' :lol:

PS I very rarely tell people to buy houses. Its up to you to make your own mind up.