House Price Crash Forum
IMupNorth

Its A Mad Mad World - This Time Ripon, North Yorks

Now I'm an ex-bear, tunred into someone who believes the market is going to stagnate for a long time as the conditions required for a crash just don't exist.

I've had a quick look at whats come to the market in the first few days of this year and its continues to be mad. It seems the EAs have had a rest and are now adding £20k on to the asking price for the New Year. It can't last or can it ? - only time will tell.

Anyway, no real point to this post other than to show you this house thats just come to market @ £345,000 - surely its £200,000 over priced ? - this is completely taking the piss. The EA clearly still hasn't sobered up after his Xmas piss up and coke snorting session.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-105...pa_n=3&tr_t=buy

Each new step up in asking price, just seems to encourage more people to buy the properties that have been around a while as these then look relatively cheap. I think this is what has been happening in the last few months.

Now I'm an ex-bear, tunred into someone who believes the market is going to stagnate for a long time as the conditions required for a crash just don't exist.

I've had a quick look at whats come to the market in the first few days of this year and its continues to be mad. It seems the EAs have had a rest and are now adding £20k on to the asking price for the New Year. It can't last or can it ? - only time will tell.

Anyway, no real point to this post other than to show you this house thats just come to market @ £345,000 - surely its £200,000 over priced ? - this is completely taking the piss. The EA clearly still hasn't sobered up after his Xmas piss up and coke snorting session.

Each new step up in asking price, just seems to encourage more people to buy the properties that have been around a while as these then look relatively cheap. I think this is what has been happening in the last few months.

Are we and the rest of population missing something here?

EA's are scum. They are putting asking prices on houses in Liverpool of £165k. Yet one sold in October last year for £125,000. And that was the new ceiling price!!!!

EA's need to get regulated and stop this nonsense. Its not about demand, supply, cheap borrowing etc. Its about greed. I just hope the prediction of '1/3 of EA's expected to go bust in 2006' is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

In the list of scumbags, I put EA's above Gary Glitter!!!! They are TW+TS!!!

TB

Does seem a little pricey but I don't know the area. Property price is not all about bricks and mortar is it?

No, bricks and mortar have not gone up 150% in the last few years.

Land has gone up more, much more.

ABB

Guest horace

The bathroom should carry a Health and Safety warning (photo 5).

Can you imagine the pain if one slipped and caught their `nads` on those taps whilst getting out of the bath?

horace.

The bathroom should carry a Health and Safety warning (photo 5).

Can you imagine the pain if one slipped and caught their `nads` on those taps whilst getting out of the bath?

horace.

If I caught my nads on that I'd be very worried... ;):lol:

I've had a quick look at whats come to the market in the first few days of this year and its continues to be mad. It seems the EAs have had a rest and are now adding £20k on to the asking price for the New Year. It can't last or can it ? - only time will tell

We must remember that something is only worth what people are prepared to pay for it. At the end of the day if someone wants the property badly enough they will pay silly money.

As someone who sold in March and is still renting I would be getting very twitchy by now if all I had to go on was the VI spin in the media, and didn't have access to sites like this for a reality check.

Unfortunately most punters don't get a balanced picture and therefore will look at inflated asking prices and bid them down to an already previously inflated price, if you see what I mean.

How can the message be got across to the huddled sheeple masses ?

I've just returned from a trip down the high street. Most shops had big red sale signs up with plenty of bargains. Then I came to Connell's estate agent (one of the biggest national chains) and there it was - Property Sale! 5 to 10% reductions. All the properties in the window had big sale stickers on them. One bed flats right through to 5 bed detached. To be fair some of the reduction (and they were real reductions to previous asking prices) were over 15%. Only the vendors with the lack of viewing/offers and the front desk negotiators with the lack of footfall/phone in, know how bad it is. Getting price reductions out of unrealistic vendors will be a company wide policy for Connell's negotiators over the coming months. Also I have no doubt that vendors who need to sell will take offers on these prices of between a further 5 - 10%.

Don’t rush in, hold your nerve, it will get better or worse depending on your individual position. Also remember EA are 'legally' obligated to put all offers received to the vendor.

Pablo Silver or Lead!

yeah....that's around the corner from where i live...they have had the builders in for a couple of months..i wondered how much they hoped to get...

dolly daydream la la land prices in ripon...but sheeple think it is posh and the occasional muggins pays the price...not that one tho...unless they get the miraculous purchaser they are all dreaming of on "expats". no one with any brains would pay more than ...let me pluck a figure out the air 'cos that's vendors are doing..i dunno, maybe £125k if they are lucky...i wouldn't pay more than £115k even if my kiddies were in the "grammer" (and the spelling mistake is meant to be ironic) not that they would be...i'd use the extra £200k to pay for private school fees..at least i'd know i'd wasted the money from the outset.....

ripon...!!!!!

Good find!..............I've spent most of my life in the Hg postcode area and this one takes the biscuit......

Even the poshest house in Harrogate's snazziest location as small as that wouldn't go for that much!

...i wouldn't pay more than £115k even if my kiddies were in the "grammer" (and the spelling mistake is meant to be ironic)... [ellenmyfanwy]

Shouldn't that be ...'even if my kiddies were at the "grammer"'...?

yeah but..no but..yeah but...if they were in it they would only be robbing it ..but if thy were at i'd 'af to take them down the clinic ...wouldn't i?...

Riopn's a great area to live (only about 5 miles or so from Ripon myself). As for the property, it's only worth what someone will pay for it. Will be interesting to keep an eye on it to see if it sells or not.

I handed my notice into my landlord the other day, after he tried to hike up a whopping 30% increase in rent. As it happens, it sound like the poor bugger can't afford a void!

:lol:

Hmmm, at this time of year, with an ex-rental property and a building site going up behind his house, I don't think he'll be selling anytime soon!

:)

I'mUN

ah! but now it's reduced by £46,000 ( about 8 years of anyone's life @ £500 equivalant rental per month)

KT

Just let some other mug buy it, and suffer the consequences. :lol::lol::lol:

Riopn's a great area to live (only about 5 miles or so from Ripon myself). As for the property, it's only worth what someone will pay for it. Will be interesting to keep an eye on it to see if it sells or not.

I handed my notice into my landlord the other day, after he tried to hike up a whopping 30% increase in rent. As it happens, it sound like the poor bugger can't afford a void!

:lol:

Hmmm, at this time of year, with an ex-rental property and a building site going up behind his house, I don't think he'll be selling anytime soon!

:)

Ripon is a lovely area, and prices are holding up well I'm told (relatives live there). Not my cup of tea this house, but I can see it selling for 270K+

Time to take the Fur Coat out of the closet, I'm sure your feeling a little chilly at the moment.

Has it been flipped? I'm sure I remember seeing that property for sale a couple of years ago when we lived up there. And I'm sure it was approx half that price....?

Flipped at a loss??